7-27-18: NEW Partnership with Ragan Communications-Filled Position- Exciting Job Opportunities!
Exciting NEW Partnership!
We are thrilled to announce a unique partnership with Ragan Communications, the pre-eminent provider of conferences for professional communicators. Disclosure: I have presented and participated at Ragan conferences and can attest to the quality of their programs.
Readers of the LH&A blog will automatically receive a $250 discount for participating in a Ragan conference.
See the Descriptions Below. Make sure to use the link to receive the discount.
· Leadership & Executive Communications: Sep 13-14, 2018
· Brand Storytelling & Content Marketing: Intel:
Congrats to our latest hire, Sr Account Manager
for our long standing real estate PR agency
. In the spirit of following the real estate market in the Chicago area, be sure to read the article on Chicago’s real estate trends
, impacts on hiring and the demographic shifts.
Updates On Hiring Needs
We need an experienced Social Media Strategist to move the social needle on behalf of our PR agency’s real estate clients.
Marketing Specialist with marcom and trade show experience needed for manufacturing company in the SW Chicago suburbs. Same client also needs a Marketing Project Manager.
B2B Ad Agency in NW Suburb of Chicago is eager to hire Ad or PR agency candidate with 1-3 years of agency experience for either Account Coordinator or Account Manager position.
Read the specs below for these positions.
Free Webinar: Suggest a Telephone Interview
Date: Tuesday, August 7th
Time: 11:00 am EST (8:00 am PST, 9:00 am MST, 10:00 am CST). See below for details.
Scroll Down For Additional Webinars & Workshops
Featured Article of the Week:
Jim Carris shares his insights into Chicago’s business climate, North River Branch rezoning, notable downtown relocations including McDonald’s and if Amazon will choose Chicago.
Account Coordinator – Advertising – Northwest Suburbs of Chicago
Do you love the advertising/marketing communications business? Have 1 year of prior ad or PR or digital agency experience? Have you worked in associations or non-profits? Want to move up in your career and work with some of the brightest minds and brands in the business? New position because of growth. Within one year, candidate can be promoted to Account Manager. Click here
to keep reading…
Do you love the advertising/marketing communications business? Have 1-2 years of prior ad agency experience? Want to move up in your career and work with some of the brightest minds and brands in the business? Enjoy solving business problems with state of the art (and science) digital (social media and web), print, video, trade show, etc. programs. New position because of growth. Easy access from Metra train station. Report to Account Director. Click here
to keep reading…
What Client does:
Client is an Award-winning Chicago-area Advertising Agency.
Do you have strong marketing communication skills and trade show experience? Experience from manufacturing, hard goods or constructionfrom corporate, ad or marketing agency or trade association? Are you creative? Enjoy working with small, collaborative team? Click here
to keep reading…
In this session, Lynn Hazan will help you to break through the clutter of similar, boring resumes. You will receive practical suggestions and tips on how to revamp your resume. Complimentary follow-up phone session to assess revised resume is included. Time permitting, LinkedIn profiles will also be evaluated. Click here
to Learn More
- Empowered Job Seeker-Summer Special
“Empowered Job Seeker™” is a program that helps candidates undergo effective job searches in the ever-changing marketplace. In this 3-hour (1.5 hours each session), one-on-one or group consultation, participants learn proven techniques to more successfully market themselves as the candidates of choice. Click here
to Learn More
1. NSENG (Speaker: JD Gershbein)
Tuesday August 7th, 2018. McDonald’s Hamburger Univ, Oakbrook, IL. (2715 Jorie Blvd)
“Dynamic personal branding & social networking for your job search”
plus a round of networking. Job seekers with the strongest personal brands and the deepest networks possess a competitive edge over other candidates. Learn techniques for bolstering your brand and creatively communicating your value online to your professional network and potential employers. Topics that JD will cover include:
- How to position yourself as a high-impact candidate
- How personal branding drives network strengths
- How to boost your engagement with decision-makers at target companies
- How to leverage LinkedIn more effectively in your job search
- How to engender trust and build credibility through LinkedIn recommendations
- How to convey your leadership brand on LinkedIn more effectively
2. NSENG (Presenter: Wayne Brietbarth)
Wednesday August 15th, 2018. Glenview Library. Glenview, IL
“Your weekly LinkedIn game plan to our next job”
Wayne’s live demonstration will cover:
- Discover what proactive steps you should be taking every day on LinkedIn.
- Learn how to use LinkedIn to be more effective in your job search.
- Explore some of the new, hard-to-find LinkedIn job seeker features.
- Find out the simple LinkedIn steps to ask for career-related referrals.
- See why LinkedIn is the #1 social media site for recruiters, employers, and YOU.
- Wayne will also be reviewing the brand new LinkedIn desktop interface and many of the features on the free account have been changed or been eliminated.
The NSENG Aug 7th meeting agenda will include:
6:15-6:30 Open networking
6:30-6:45 Meeting announcements
6:45-7:35 Presentation and Q&A
7:35-8:30 Small group networking (10-15 people in each group)
The Aug 15th meeting will not have a round of networking as the entire session will be devoted to the LinkedIn workshop.
3. Around Chicago LIVE!
Thurs August 23, 2018. 175 E. Delaware Place, Chicago 60611
Networking at the Signature Room at the 95th
Presentation Title: The REAL Reasons You Don’t Hear Back
Date: Tuesday, August 7th
Time: 11:00 am EST (8:00 am PST, 9:00 am MST, 10:00 am CST)
Description: It can be frustrating to feel your resume or CV ends up in some deep dark hole with no response. It’s estimated that over 75% of job seekers who apply to job boards, website postings ad other resources NEVER hear back from the employer.
It’s even more frustrating not to receive feedback after you’ve had a telephone or face-to-face interview. During this session, we will review the following:
- How to make your resume/CV stand out
- How to receive a return call when you leave a voicemail
- How to receive a response to your email
- What it takes to get feedback after an interview
- Six ways to manage poor experiences during your job search
Presentation Title: Ignite Your Job Search with Confidence – Re-THINK You!
Date: Wednesday, August 17th
Time: 1:00 pm EST (10:00 am PST, 11:00 am MST, 12:00 pm CST)
Description: It is time to re-invent your self-image, expand your self-concept, and ignite self-confidence. No matter what you are doing in life, it’s important to know how to effectively manage yourself on all levels; physically, mentally, and emotionally.
If you feel like job searching is a defeating or discouraging experience, make it a priority to join us. In this webinar, you will have the opportunity to:
- Shift your perspective to cultivate self-confidence
- Discover how easy you can change your self-image
- Learn strategies to help you powerfully manage emotions
- Build and strengthen your attitude – Be a Yes to You!
- How to access the courage, clarity and power already in you
Instead of defeat, you will see that you are already a WINNER! Come experience the shift for yourself.
1. Select the “Register” tab
2. Fill in the required information and register as a “Job Seeker”
3. You will receive a confirmation email and will be redirected to the dashboard
4. Select the “Webinar” tab to listen to the webinars live or receive access to previously recorded webinars.
Register for the Training in our Career Portal by clicking on the WEBINAR Tab. Then click on the event and register by clicking the webinar registration link for each event listed.
Your Login Information is:
Username: lynn Hazan
Password: (password you selected upon registration)