Content Conference Producer-New
Communications Training & Conference Provider
Ref: # 894
Chicago, IL or Raleigh, NC
Do you have a background in corporate, internal or not for profit communications? Come out of journalism or broadcast communications? Do you love learning about new trends in the field of communications? Are you dedicated to perfecting your craft? Follow TED Talks? Are you a life long learner? Do you enjoy attending conferences to fine -tune your own professional skills? Have you been active in professional associations (eg. IABC, PRSA, etc.) and created events for communications professionals?
If you have 5+ years of experience from journalism, corporate, PR agency, higher education, association or not for profit organizations and love putting educational events together, keep reading!
Our client, an industry leader, provides educational conferences for professional communicators across the U.S. Client partners with industry giants, including Microsoft, Coca Cola and Disney to host their educational conferences.
Candidates who want to make a career transition to producing content and vetting speakers for conferences for professional communicators are encouraged to apply. Candidate can work from downtown Chicago office or Raleigh NC
As Content Conference Producer, you would vet speakers, manage budgets and manage all content related to continuing professional education. You would travel to top markets and cities to stage 8 conferences/year.
Process starts with creating themes and 3 tracks/conference, researching and vetting potential speakers and ends with onsite management of a flawless conference. This is not a logistics planning position. Candidate must have superb writing skills and feel comfortable as a public speaker. A test will be administered to the finalists.
Ideal Candidate Background:
- 5+ years of experience working in journalism, Public Relations, Corporate communications, higher education, not for profit or professional association as a professional communicator. Candidates with broadcast journalism are encouraged to apply.
- Prior experience in content production or continuing education is a plus.
- Experience in conference production highly preferred.
- Excellent research, writing, organizational and people skills.
- Must be comfortable speaking in public when emceeing a conference.
- Must be a natural multi-tasker.
- Deadline-oriented. Able to juggle multiple projects and work well under pressure.
- Works collaboratively with a small team.
- Passionate about internal/external communications, as well as social media platforms.
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Power Point.
- 30% U.S. travel required.
- Produce top-tier content for 8 events a year. Busy seasons are early Feb-early May and end of Sept-Nov.
- Create content relevant to professional communicators, PR professionals, and editorial staff.
- Recruit top industry speakers to present best practices on selected topics. Manage communications and relationships with speakers before, during and after event.
- Manage budget for speakers’ fees and travel for each event.
- Develop & build conference agendas, taking into consideration timing & conference venue set up.
- Work closely with speakers in all phases, to develop session copy and write conference landing pages, as well as other aspects.
- Coordinate with sponsor & events teams on conference details & logistics, as well as with web team.
- Research to stay current on topics and trends in corporate communications, employee communications, PR, social media and marketing communications.
- Collaborate with events logistics team to ensure smooth execution of events, anticipating any potential issues and being prepared with solutions.
- Provide exceptional customer service onsite during events when interacting with attendees and speakers.
What client offers:
Client offers competitive salary base. Benefits include: Medical and dental insurance, Vacation/PTO, 401k, Casual work environment, Flexible schedule. Office is closed between Xmas –New Year.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Equal opportunity employer. Company does not discriminate on basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy status, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To Apply: Forward your resume, writing samples and answers to the 10 questions from this link http://lhazan.com/qa/ to Lynn@lhazan.com with the header Content Conference Producer. Your call to 312-863-5401 will showcase your attention to detail.