Content Conference Producer-Revised Specs
Communications Training & Conference Provider
Ref: # 887
Chicago, IL, Raleigh, NC or CO
Are you an experienced journalist or corporate communications professional? Do you have 5+ years of experience from journalism, corporate, PR agency, association or not for profit organizations? Enjoy continuous learning? Background from internal/employee communications or broadcast news is valued. Want to make a career transition to producing content and vetting speakers for conferences for professional communicators? Candidate can work from downtown Chicago office, Raleigh NC or virtually in CO.
Curious about the latest trends in internal/external/digital communications? Are you proactive? Want to be a conference producer? You would vet speakers, manage budgets and manage all content related to continuing education. Are you a skilled and confident public speaker? Want a job that allows you to travel to top markets and cities to stage 8 conferences/year?
Process starts with creating themes and 3 tracks/conference, researching and vetting potential speakers and ends with onsite management of a flawless conference. This is not a logistics planning position. Do you live in the Chicago area, Raleigh or CO? Local candidates are encouraged to apply. Candidate must have superb writing skills. A test will be administered to the finalists.
Ideal Candidate Background:
- 5+ years of experience working in journalism, Public Relations, Corporate communications, not for profit or professional association as a professional communicator. Candidates with broadcast journalism are encouraged to apply.
- Prior experience in content production or continuing education is a plus.
- Experience in conference production highly preferred.
- Excellent research, writing, organizational and people skills.
- Must be comfortable speaking in public when emceeing a conference is needed.
- Must be a natural multi-tasker.
- Deadline-oriented. Able to juggle multiple projects and work well under pressure.
- Works collaboratively with a small team.
- Passionate about internal/external communications, as well as social media platforms.
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Power Point.
- 30% U.S. travel required.
- Produce top-tier content for 8 events a year. Busy seasons are early Feb-early May and end of Sept-Nov.
- Create content relevant to professional communicators, PR professionals, and editorial staff.
- Recruit top industry speakers to present best practices on selected topics. Manage communications and relationships with speakers before, during and after event.
- Manage budget for speakers’ fees and travel for each event.
- Develop & build conference agendas, taking into consideration timing & conference venue set up.
- Work closely with speakers in all phases, to develop session copy and write conference landing pages, as well as other aspects.
- Coordinate with sponsor & events teams on conference details & logistics, as well as with web team.
- Research to stay current on topics and trends in corporate communications, employee communications, PR, social media and marketing communications.
- Collaborate with events logistics team to ensure smooth execution of events, anticipating any potential issues and being prepared with solutions.
- Provide exceptional customer service onsite during events when interacting with attendees and speakers.
What client offers:
Client offers competitive salary base. Benefits include: Medical and dental insurance, Vacation/PTO, 401k, Casual work environment, Flexible schedule. Office is closed between Xmas –New Year.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Equal opportunity employer. Company does not discriminate on basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy status, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Forward your resume, writing samples and answers to the 10 questions from this link http://lhazan.com/qa/ to Lynn@lhazan.com with the header Content Conference Producer. Your call to 312-863-5401 will showcase your attention to detail.