Director of Client Relations
Communications Training & Conference Provider
Ref: # 883
Location: Chicago or Virtual Location
Do you have a strategic and consultative mindset? Are you a people person? Relationship builder by phone and in person? Thrive in a fast-paced environment? Do you believe in the power of storytelling? Passionate about effective communications? Can you work in Chicago or virtually? Director of Client Relations will go above and beyond to help organizations achieve their communications goals.
Our client is a nationally renowned corporate communications training, news, and conference provider. Client helps organizations create brand journalism news sites, organize and train writers/editors, and restore reporting (and creative storytelling) to internal and external communications. Client’s customers include major corporations and organizations in utilities, healthcare, energy, shipping, consumer goods, and higher education industry.
Ideal Candidate Background:
- 3+ years of sales or business development.
- Experience in the communications field preferred.
- BA/BS degree in journalism, business, marketing or communications.
- Fluent in Microsoft suite.
- Knowledge of Sugar CRM or other CRM software experience.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, approachable, conversational
- Motivated to meet or exceed sales goals.
- Self-starter. Doesn’t need much hands-on supervision. Knows when to ask for help.
- Able to identify ways to improve sales process and lead generation.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong desire to work with several teams and adapt to changing needs.
- Deadline oriented
- Outstanding communicator, able to build trust, determine clients’ pain points and explain positive aspects of consultative services.
Client Consults on a wide range of services, including:
Brand Journalism— Helps organizations stop begging media for coverage and become their own publishers.
Communications Audits— Helps organizations build better strategies for internal/external communications and establish baseline to measure progress.
Video and Multimedia—Assesses organizations’ video assets, train their staff and develop their production teams, and if needed, produce their video content.
Social Media—Helps organizations expand their audiences and develop their mobile strategies.
Training—Provides organizations with hands-on training in writing/editing, video, social media, infographics, crisis and executive communications.
Custom Content—Produces content, on multiple platforms for organizations lacking staff.
Clients have many communication goals, but aren’t always sure what they need – or how to get started. Candidate’s first point of contact with clients will be to listen, ask the right questions about their organizations, understand their challenges/opportunities and then guide them to the right consultant who can help them succeed.
- Find new clients to introduce to the consulting team with a mission to meet or exceed sales goals.
- Meet prospective clients at events and follow-up by phone and email.
- Respond to inquiries for clients’ services via email, customer service or the web.
- Research new leads, track opportunities and make warm calls to feed sales pipeline with qualified leads.
- Use CRM to track client data through the sales process.
- Work with internal VPs of Sales, Marketing, and Bus. Dev. to execute sales strategies/campaigns to attract more prospects.
- 50% communicate with clients (Phone, email, person)
- 20% – 25% travel to events/conferences
- 25% – 30% strategize, administer campaigns, support other departments
What client offers:
Client offers competitive sales salary base with commission based on overall sales and bonus potential for meeting or exceeding sales goals.
Benefits: Health, dental, & vision insurance, 401K with match, pre-tax transit benefits and Chicago Divvy bike discount program.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Equal opportunity employer. Company does not discriminate on basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy status, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To Apply: Forward your resume along with the answers to the 10 questions from this link http://lhazan.com/qa/ to Lynn@lhazan.com with the header: Director of Client Relations. Your call to 312-863-5401 will showcase your follow up talent!