Director of Marketing Communications-New-Immediate Hire!
Chicago-North Side- Interior Design & Architecture Firm
Ref: # 888
Do you have demonstrated writing, integrated marketing communications and social media skills? Are you an excellent project manager? Able to collaborate well with internal customers and outside vendors, including PR agency, graphic designers and photographers? Experience in marketing, publishing or other related fields? Passionate about increasing reader loyalty by driving traffic to content using SEO, social media and targeted email? Background in interior design and architecture is a plus. Easy access to CTA. Free street parking.
Award-winning Chicago-based interior design and architecture firm seeks Director of Marketing & Communications to create and oversee content that showcases firm’s expertise. Newly created position because of growth. One-person department. Strategic and hands on. Candidate will work closely with business development and design teams, President, and outside contractors. Candidate will produce case studies, sales presentations, proposals and other collateral, both online and print. Candidate will create marketing strategy and maintain editorial calendar. Candidate will work closely with outside tech support and website designer as well.
Client is nationally renowned with customers in 35 states in the US.
Ideal Candidate Background:
Number of years of experience can range from 5-10+. Background in marketing communications, journalism or related field. Must have social media analytics and digital marketing experience, including Google Analytics.
- Demonstrated writing, editing and social media skills. Writing test will be administered.
- Experience with WordPress, FB, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, email blasts, newsletters. Video a plus.
- Experience with SEO, social media and other publishers.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Works collaboratively with different areas within the firm.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Candidate is self starter, innovative, confident and team oriented. Can also work well on own. Thrives under pressure and loves meeting deadlines! Is a big idea person and pays close attention to detail.
Manage Content: 25%
- Create and execute content plan for client web properties (blog, social, etc.) to demonstrate client’s expertise to our target market.
- Curate photos and stories from President, ghostwriter(s), designers and installation crews for use in content plan.
- Monitor web traffic and optimize posts for search, social sharing, and conversion.
- Maintain and update company email list
- Develop and execute email strategy to drive traffic to the website via email blasts, blog, newsletter, etc. resulting in prospect inquiries and RFP’s.
- Coordinate with sponsor & events teams on conference details & logistics, as well as with web team.
- Coordinate with outside PR firms and requests from Media partners to ensure that client is providing quality thought leadership content & stunning images, and meeting publication deadlines.
- Maintain a photo library
- Manage the application process for various awards that increase the profile of the client.
Speaking Engagements: 15%
- Identify and promote key speaking opportunities for key team members.
- Maintain calendar of conferences & speaking opportunities.
- Assist in preparing the submission package.
- Develop presentation materials.
Marketing/Sales Support: 25%
- Assist in the creation of presentations and proposals for key clients.
- Maintains a library of images and case studies for use by sales people.
- Oversees all brand assets and brand standards.
What client offers:
Client offers competitive salary base. Benefits include: medical and dental insurance, vacation/PTO, 401k, summer hours.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Equal opportunity employer. Company does not discriminate on basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy status, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Forward your resume, writing samples and answers to the 10 questions from this link: http://lhazan.com/qa/ to Lynn@lhazan.com with the header Director of Marcomm. Your call to
312-863-5401 will showcase your attention to detail.