- A VIP visit to The Ledge … if you dare!
- Vietnamese Light Fare by Little Saigon Baguette Restaurant
- Mini Salon Services from Kiva Salon
- Blackjack with US Poker and Casino Parties
… And a DRAWING to WIN prizes from all our Sponsors!
Meet amazing people in great fields just like you!
Glenview Library, 1930 Glenview Rd
While there are many elements that contribute to an effective job search, one of the most important is the development of a clear personal marketing campaign that consistently delivers greater visibility, valuable introductions and relationships that lead to key relationships to accelerate your progress. This is particularly true at the middle and senior management levels. Having the right weekly search methodology and follow-through can make all the difference, and during our Mon Jan 23rd meeting Paul Duski will share a discipline that has worked for hundreds of his job searching clients. Paul will identify and discuss practical strategies that don’t just increase your contacts but get you noticed by influencers that help you tap into job opportunities that aren’t sitting on job boards. During his presentation, Paul will cover topics such as:
- Uncovering barriers and myths of effective networking and how to overcome them.
- How to plan and organize your networking strategy
- Identifying your current network and how to grow it
- Networking agendas and critical follow-up tips
- Finding the hidden job market
- Tools and scripts are provided to make each encounter more productive
Paul Duski is a Senior Vice President of Robertson Lowstuter, one of Chicago’s boutique outplacement firms. I used the firm’s services when I was in a job search and their capabilities and contacts were invaluable. Paul’s extensive business management, business development and human resources background includes having worked for Baxter International, Motorola and Signode Corp. He also owned and operated a staffing/recruiting firm so he knows how to help candidates stand out without a big name behind you. Paul is a consummate “people connector” and has shared his advice with many job seekers across a broad range of industries. Paul earned his BS and MBA in Human Resources from DePaul University and is also a member of the school’s athletic Hall of Fame.
Chicago BMA – January Luncheon
Standard Club, 320 South Plymouth Court, Chicago, IL 60604
- Comprehensive social marketing trends from more than 17,000 brands
- Tactical suggestions for marketing departments
- Social strategy insights for the C-suite to address future growth
His career spans more than 25 years of experience in B2B, B2C, and agency environments, including more than 20 years in high-growth Internet companies, Scott’s creative and data-driven leadership has helped build and transofrm marketing organizations to drive strategy and success acros marketing disciplines.
Monday, Jan 9, 2017
6:15-8:30pm | Glenview Library | 1930 Glenview Rd
- How do I create demand for my talent?
- How can I compete against a younger workforce?
- Why am I being overlooked?
- How do I get on a recruiter’s radar screen?
- Leverage your career-long relationships to get noticed.
- Add value for a potential employer.
- Keep up to date with changing technology and client needs.
- Uncover the “hidden job market”.
- Effectively identify, develop and market your unique value proposition.