AMA Student Career Conference: Make A Name For Yourself
Date: Saturday, Oct. 7th
Location: Aurora University, Aurora, Illinois
FOR AMA STUDENT MEMBERS ONLY
Lynn will be a guest speaker at this year’s AMA Student Career Conference. She will lead a session on how to “brand yourself as the candidate of choice.” Lynn will also have a booth at the event and will participate in a panel discussion.
More details coming soon!
Career Portal Webinars: (Must have career portal account to listen in)
People Talk – What Are They Saying About You?
Date: Tuesday, August 1st
Time: 12:00 pm EST (9:00 am PST, 10:00 am MST, 11:00 am CST)
- Learn to prep your references
- Why your LinkedIn Profile should be a mini sales letter
- Social Media do’s and don’ts
Lack of Interviews? It’s Your Resume!
Date: Tuesday, August 8th
Time: 11:00 am EST (8:00 am PST, 9:00 am MST, 10:00 am CST)
In this webinar, we will discuss why your resume is not getting results or scoring interviews. Learn the do’s and don’ts of resume writing and turn your job search around. No matter if you are an entry-level or C-level executive-we will talk about resume writing tips you need to implement now.
Bottom line: Personal branding begins long before the interview. Many people struggle talking positively about themselves. How do you deal with all the negative thoughts that show up as our “mental chatter”? What’s clouding your ability to see your full value?
How to Create a Blueprint for Success in your Job Search
If you don’t have momentum, right now is the time to create a powerful plan to get you going.There are many hidden obstacles that can get in the way of achieving your goals including getting hired. In such a fast-moving world with a growing number of distractions, now is the perfect opportunity to turn this whole thing around!
The good news is, this webinar will show you everything you need to know in a very simple way! Let’s make the changes now so you can get back on the right track immediately. Learn how to create an easy to follow blueprint that you can design with all your goals in mind.
We will especially focus on:
- How to create an easy to follow blueprint that you can design with all your goals in mind
- Learn how to deal with conflicting feelings that can impede your progress
- Get clarity so you can set priority goals and an effective plan to execute and achieve them
- Take actions and follow through on critical job search activity
- Set up an accountability structure to support your success and celebrate your progress.
It will be powerful, energizing, inspiring!
Become a Stealth Networker and Find a Job
- How to network effectively
- Who should be in your network
- How to turn networking contacts into interviews
Is Your Job Search Taking Longer Than Expected?
If you answered yes to that question, you can’t keep conducting your job search the same way and expect different results. It just won’t happen! If you don’t have a knot in your stomach or lump in your throat, chances are you are in your “comfort zone” and that’s not a good place to be when you’re conducting a job search. During this session, we will address the following:
- Learn why your job search may be stalled
- Understand three things you can do today to turn your job search around
- How to gain and keep momentum going, until you accept a job offer
Hospitality Fest 2017
Date: Wednesday, August 16th
Time: 4:00 pm EST
Hospitality Fest is all about you! We want you as an attendee to learn about event venue updates, restaurants with new private dining rooms and service offerings, corporate activity providers and cool event services that support meetings and events in Chicagoland.
4:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Walk the floor and find new event ideas/updates from up to 70 table sponsors
6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Stick around for the networking reception outdoors (if rain, reception will be indoors)
Meet Lynn Hazan and say hello!
Purchase the ticket through the link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/hospitality-fest-2017-tickets-34666295824.