Ref # 880
Chicago and Virtual combo
Are you a Digital Content Strategist who is well-versed in digital content and PR? Can you devote 20+ hours/week, starting Aug 1 or sooner for 3+ months or longer? Live in the Chicago area? Able to work remotely or at client’s shared office spaces in Chicago/Wilmette? Can you attend two weekly staff meetings in downtown Chicago? Have a laptop?
PR agency (whose owner is a good friend of LH+A) with B2B and B2C clients (including beverage, health care, human resources, senior living and technology) needs temp Digital Content Strategist with strong digital content management and traditional PR experience to work with fabulous clients in growth mode. Candidate must have a passion to adapt and utilize new digital content tools.
Candidate is a self-starter who believes in sharing knowledge and is curious about learning. Candidate loves to contribute and has the right attitude about learning and client service. Ideal candidate must be self-motivated and able to work autonomously.
- Major in Marketing Communications or Public Relations or Journalism
- Knowledge of available tools and platforms in the social media space
- User Experience (UX) and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) knowledge and experience are helpful
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral
- Fundamental understanding of social media platform strategies to optimize content to engage consumers
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, good organizational skills and ability to prioritize, multitask and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, WordPress, Adobe InDesign or Photoshop experience a plus
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Create engaging content for social channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Blog post and press release writing and some pitching
- Measurement and reporting for social media metrics. Use tools including: Sprout Social, Google Analytics, native measurement tools from FaceBook, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Content curation and research
- Heavy writing focus: social media and PR, ads, blog posts
- Time Allocation (approximately):
- 50%: Social media, including writing, blog posts, and ad copy
- 10%: Traditional media relations: PR, writing and pitching
- 40%: Research for content for dev’t/share, procure content, analytics and reporting, including monthly client reports.
To Apply: Send your resume, writing, social media samples and hourly rate to Lynn@lhazan.com. Please call 312-863-5401 to confirm receipt and pitch me as to why you are the ideal candidate.