Integrated Marketing Specialist– Manufacturing – Revised Specs
SW Chicago Suburbs- Full Time
Ref # 902
Do you have strong marketing communication skills and trade show experience? Experience from manufacturing, hard goods or construction from corporate, ad or marketing agency or trade association? Are you creative? Enjoy working with small, collaborative team? Worked with Product Management, R&D, Sales, technical support, legal, and graphic design teams? Expert in digital and traditional marketing? If you excel in a fast-paced environment and are highly detail oriented, this can be your next job!
Use your marketing expertise to help launch projects/products and prep for trade shows. Ideal candidate is creative, strategic thinker with expertise in marketing communication project management, including digital and traditional marketing. Will consider candidates from corporate, ad/marketing agencies, professional associations, and association management firms. Great opportunity to move from agency to corporate.
You have exemplary written and visual communication skills, are action oriented, and have strong interpersonal abilities. You thrive on new challenges.
Able to commute to the SW suburbs of Chicago? Join a growing team!
Report to Integrated Marketing Communications Manager- Assist in development and execution of marketing communication programs to support business strategy and contribute to results of assigned brands. Major emphasis on trade shows. Collaborate with product managers, R&D, sales, technical support, legal, and other internal cross functional teams as well as external customers, industry partners, associations, agencies and other vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or communications
- At least 3+ years of experience in related marketing role (open to more experience)
- Trade show experience preferred
- Experience working with clients
- Knowledge of selling from a manufacturer through various distribution channels
- Building materials and/or construction industry knowledge preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong communication, project management and organizational skills
- Experience with email platforms such as Constant Contact
- Experience with Salesforce
- Social Media Marketing experience
90% Execution of deliverables:
- 40% Trade Shows – Organize & run booths at 2 primary shows, support smaller shows.
- 20% Social Media & Digital Marketing-LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook
- 30% Traditional Marketing-print, collateral, work with graphic designer
10% Marketing Strategy.
- 15% travel overall.
- Manage and execute all facets of trade shows, association events, and other customer-facing events.
- Work with Integrated Marketing Manager- develop trade show strategy that aligns with key business objectives and stakeholders.
- Work with key stakeholders and Trade Show Agency- manage and execute national trade show logistics (Booth space/layout procurement, product demos, lead management, etc.)
- Manage and execute regional and association events.
- Lead planning and execution of site, transportation, hotel, and food selection for all events.
- Identify and coordinate all speaking opportunities for events- speaker and topic selection.
- Facilitate VOC- gather competitive intelligence & implement strategies through customer-facing events.
- Implement best practices in event presentation, management, lead capture and ROI.
- Coordinate pre- and post-trade event communications
- Manage trade show agency relationship.
- Manage trade show property inventory and storage.
- Ensure event structures and messaging align with overall brand strategy.
- Manage trade show and event project plans, budget and timelines, and ensure PO process and documentation is followed.
- Maintain trade association memberships and sponsorships
- Project manage and coordinate cross functional teams to execute trade shows & events
- Manage sales collateral, website and inventories.
- Work with outside warehouse and fulfillment center.
- Manage the set-up of user permissions.
- Manage the maintenance of web store interface.
- Maintain adequate inventory levels, establish reorder points and work with outside vendors.
- Set appropriate order minimums/maximums.
- Maintain system for ordering and fulfilling logo/premium items.
- Assist in development and execution of campaigns for new product launches, product line extensions, key programs, and existing products. Participate in cross functional teams with internal specialists and external agencies and vendors. Create and manage work plan/timeline. Execute marketing deliverables. Provide updates on initiatives and KPIs to broader team.
- Gather VOC info– interface with sales representatives & management, business directors, distributors and end user customers to inform recommendations and strategies.
- Analyze and report effectiveness of all marketing efforts.
- Ensure consistent brand messaging and uniformity of marketing materials according to brand guidelines.
Send your resume along with the answers to the 10 questions from this link http://lhazan.com/qa/ to Lynn@lhazan.com with the Header: Integrated Marketing Specialist. Your follow up call to 312-863-5401 is appreciated.