Integrated Marketing Specialist– Manufacturing
SW Chicago Suburb – Full Time
Ref # 905
Do you have strong marketing communication skills? Experience from manufacturing, hard goods or construction from corporate, ad or marketing agency or trade association? Are you creative? Enjoy working with small, collaborative team? Worked with Product Management, R&D, Sales, technical support, legal, and graphic design teams? Expert in digital and traditional marketing? If you excel in a fast-paced environment and are highly detail oriented, this can be your next job!
Use your marketing expertise to help launch projects/products and prep for trade shows. Ideal candidate is creative, strategic thinker with expertise in marketing communication project management, including digital and traditional marketing. Will consider candidates from corporate, ad/marketing agencies, professional associations, and association management firms. Great opportunity to move from agency to corporate.
Able to commute to the SW suburbs of Chicago? Join a growing team!
Report to Integrated Marketing Manager – Assist in the development and execution of marketing communication programs to support business strategy and contribute to results of assigned brands. Collaborate with product managers, R&D, sales, technical support, legal, and other internal cross functional teams as well as external customers, industry partners, associations, agencies and other vendors.
Successful candidate is a creative thinker with expertise in project management and executing multiple marketing communication disciplines, including digital and traditional marketing. Successful candidate excels in fast-paced environment; is highly detail oriented. Candidate must be action oriented, have exemplary written and visual communication skills, possesses exceptional interpersonal communication skills and can easily adapt to new challenges.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or communications
- At least 3+ years of experience in related marketing role (open to more experience)
- Trade show experience preferred
- Knowledge of selling from a manufacturer through various distribution channels
- Building materials and/or construction industry knowledge preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong communication, project management and organizational skills
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to manage complex projects with multiple stakeholders
- Experience influencing and leading cross-functional teams
- Experience with email marketing laws and regulations in US and Canada
- Experience with managing social media strategy and understanding its role in the marketing mix
- Experience with email platforms such as Constant Contact
- Experience with Salesforce
- Social Media Marketing experience
- 20% Trade Shows – Organize & run booths at 2 primary shows, support smaller shows.
- 25% Social Media & Digital Marketing-LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook
- 55% Traditional Marketing-print, collateral, work with graphic designer
- 10%-15% travel overall.
- Assist in development and execution of marketing campaigns for key programs, existing products, new product launches and product line extensions, for assigned brands and business areas.
- Work closely with cross functional teams, and external agencies and vendors
- Work with digital agency, lead the day-to-day management of social media channels including organic and paid social posts, coordinate response to all brand comments, write/approve content as needed, and develop engagement programs.
- Manage content creation across all categories – blogs, white papers, case studies, webinars, videos, etc.
- Work with digital agency, understand fundamentals of keyword research, SEO copywriting and behaviors of search engines. Make sure all content is optimized for SEO/SEM
- Manage and execute all facets of trade shows, key association events, and other customer-facing events.
- Work with Integrated Marketing Manager – develop trade show strategy that aligns with key business objectives and stakeholders.
- Work with key stakeholders and Trade Show Agency- manage and execute trade show logistics (Booth space/layout procurement, product demos, lead management, etc.)
- Lead planning and execution of site, transportation, hotel, and food selection for all events.
- Identify and coordinate all speaking opportunities for events – speaker and topic selection, and assistance with presentation creation, as needed
- Coordinate pre- and post-trade event communications
- Project manage & coordinate cross functional teams to execute all aspects of trade shows & events
- Manage trade show agency relationship.
- Manage trade show property inventory and storage.
- Manage sales collateral website and inventories
- Manage relationship with outside warehouse and fulfillment center.
- Maintain adequate inventory levels, establish reorder points and work with outside vendors to fulfill logo/premium items
- Set appropriate order minimums/maximums.
- Maintain system for ordering and fulfilling logo/premium items.
- Analyze and report effectiveness of all marketing efforts. Provide ongoing monitoring, reporting, analysis and regular updates on marketing programs.
- Ensure consistent brand messaging and uniformity of marketing materials according to brand guidelines throughout all marketing executions.
- Extensive coordination with design, writing, QA, project management on creation, testing and execution of email campaigns.
- Coordinate with design & writing on all collateral materials such as sell sheets, brochures, catalogs, etc.
- Develop relationships with key industry associations. Seek out opportunities for sponsorship, education, speaking engagements, etc.
Send your resume along with the answers to the 10 questions from this link http://lhazan.com/qa/ to Lynn@lhazan.com with the Header: Integrated Marketing Specialist. Your follow up call to 312-863-5401 is appreciated.