Director of Corporate Communications- Real Estate
Ref # 874
Are you a high-energy PR leader, innovator and creative-thinker? Do you have in-depth local and national PR, social media, writing and supervisory experience? Love the combo of working hands on and collaborating with team members? Are you an idea person who enjoys coming up with ideas and then executing them?
Award-winning Chicago real estate company seeks Director of Communications to plan & implement PR & communications programs. Candidate: heads up 3-person team of marketing, content & video young professionals. Brings experience, ideas, high-energy and inspiration. Motivates team to excel and leads by example. Big-picture thinker translates strategy into action. Interacts well with senior management. Together with team, committed to taking the company to the next level.
Position is 70% planning & execution/30% supervisory/collaboration. Audiences include: consumers, real estate industry, brokers & employees. Reports to VP Marketing. Core values: leadership, passion for new ideas, relationship building, doing the right thing, consistent and relevant communications with key audiences, innovation in technology and marketing, and commitment to excellence.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communication or English
- 7-10 years’ experience in corporate communications, PR agency or journalism. Must have strong track record of local and national media placements.
- Well-versed in social media strategy, monitoring/analytics platforms
- Real Estate industry experience a plus but not required.
- Must have superb writing, editing, and strategic planning skills
- Must have staff supervisory experience
- Successful career path. Eager to move to the next level of career.
- Candidate thrives in entrepreneurial setting, is proactive, committed to continuous improvement, comfortable leading a team.
70% planning & execution/30% supervisory.
- Work with VP of Developer Services & VP Marketing to create integrated communications plans for communications department
- Create & maintain quarterly editorial/content calendar outlining mix of PR & corporate communication activities. Oversee development of programs & project management with staff, including video production & blog postings
- Provide leadership, direction & collaborate with digital marketing manager, videographer and copy writer
- Consult/Partner with heads of departments including: IT, Marketing, Finance, Programming, Development and founders for strategic planning.
- Develop & maintain internal and external crisis communications plan
- Curate content for marketing programs through social media platforms, blogs & video; work with digital marketing manager to feed content through social media
- Maintain reports on PR activities & results; benchmark & track growth of PR program
- Manage process & edit press releases promoting company news & feature topics
- Build & maintain relationships with local & national real estate writers & editors
- Develop & manage market research projects to be leveraged for PR & broker marketing
- Write co-founder communications
- Manage & write content for award submissions
- Create integrated communication plans promoting:
- Public (B2C)
- Industry (B2B)
- Brokers (Internal Comm)
To Apply: Send your resume, salary, writing samples and answers to the questions from this link http://lhazan.com/qa/ to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your follow-up call to 312-863-5401 will make a difference.