Marketing Associate – Intl. Business Consulting Firm
New Grad or 0-1 year of experience – Revised!
Are you interested in international business? Eager to showcase your writing, social media and research skills? Curious how businesses enter foreign markets, identify new opportunities, and make effective decisions? Speak a foreign language? This is a plus. Downtown Chicago international consulting firm seeks Marketing Associate. Candidate will handle different social media channels, research, write and create industry reports. Candidate will also network with international trade commissions/government officials, and explore the world of international business and marketing. This position also has room for growth for the candidate. President is personal friend and colleague of Lynn Hazan. We have partnered together on many projects over the years. This is a great place to work and start your career!
Our client works with foreign countries, businesses and trade commissions to introduce new products, services, and opportunities to growing global markets. Our client has worked in over 45 countries including Spain, China, India, Canada, Hungary, Italy, Russia, Morocco, Belgium, Finland, Germany, Poland and France. Company offers hands-on experience and exposure to international business.
Recent client projects have included work with companies and government agencies (mostly consumer products and tools in B2B channels) from France, Spain, Belgium, Croatia, Italy, Canada and Eastern Europe.
Work closely with president. Ideal candidate is comfortable communicating with internal/external audiences including: political officials, consultants and clients. Candidate enjoys doing phone outreach with people or organizations he/she may not know. Candidate is also open-minded, sensitive to different cultures, confident relationship builder and enjoys diplomacy. Start date: January 2019.
- Interest in marketing, communications, international business and partner search.
- Strong Social Media skills. Must know how to use WordPress, Sprout Social, and Mail Chimp.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree. Prior internships are a plus. Can be new grad or have up to one year of experience.
- Be well-organized and eager to learn.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills necessary. Must have writing samples.
- Must have social media experience.
- Previous exposure to international environment preferred.
- Foreign language skills a plus— especially helpful will be proficiency in Spanish or French.
- Write and post business brochures, flyers, announcements.
- Create industry reports and work with trade commission’s/government officials.
- Create PowerPoint presentations, articles, and web content.
- Participate in business strategy analysis, client meetings, phone interviews with companies, event organization, company profile analysis and research.
- Assist president with new business development and all phases of project implementation.
- Recommend improvements for company website (in WordPress).
- Develop and execute social media campaigns for company and clients using Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- Collaborate with other colleagues on individual and team projects.
- Assist in partner search for clients.
- Social Media/PR (Hoot suite, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Blog)—35%
- Phone Outreach—20%
- Meeting/Event Planning—5%
- Market Research, Report Writing, Correspondence—35%
- Writing, Editing, Content Prep (PowerPoint), Website—5%
To Apply: Please send your resume, writing samples and answers to the 10 questions from this link http://lhazan.com/qa/ to Lynn@lhazan.com.
Use header: Marketing Associate. Your follow up call to 312-863-5401 will make a difference.