Do you have marketing project management experience from a manufacturing, hard goods or construction environment? Are you process oriented? Do you enjoy working with R+D, purchasing, supply chain, operations and plant management? Expert on Excel?
Here’s your opportunity to use project management expertise to help launch projects/products in a planned timeline.
Able to commute to the SW suburbs of Chicago? One of our favorite clients is growing and is hiring!
Reports to Marketing Manager – Flooring for Global Construction Products. Project Manager will be accountable for successful delivery of key commercialization initiatives for Construction Products business. Project Manager will collaborate & coordinate with all functions including Sales, Technical, R&D, Supply Chain, Marketing, etc. Will define scope, manage expectations, create timelines and achieve deliverables.
Role scope includes project management for:
· New product commercialization initiatives.
· Product improvement, extensions, value engineering and rationalization initiatives.
· Product expansion across new distribution channels (wholesale, retail, OEM, industrial).
· Other projects as assigned.
5+ years’ experience with marketing project management, including expertise executing multiple projects simultaneously.
Solid understanding of manufacturing processes and construction products markets.
Demonstrated ability to effectively lead cross functional teams.
Proven skills with project management methodologies (develop project charters, define and manage scope, build timelines, communicate plans, and manage cost and risks).
Strong (Advanced a plus) Excel and PowerPoint skills (MS Project also recommended).
Proven ability to deliver high-quality projects on tight schedules.
Able to review and analyze data.
Strong and effective decision-making skills.
Able to build strong relationships, engage and influence others.
Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills, positive attitude.
Able to foster teamwork, work collaboratively and effectively with others to set goals, solve problems, and make decisions.
Experience in the flooring industry, insulation and/or HVAC market.
30% manage projects
20% manage warranty processes
20% Stage Gate projects
• Lead teams to achieve deliverables of Stage Gate process. Ensure team preparedness for product Stage Gate reviews.
• Promote collaborative and engaged teams to accomplish business objectives.
• Create and execute project plans. Track, report and revise to meet changing needs and requirements.
• Identify resources needed for teams and assign individual responsibilities. Establish clear project goals, roles and responsibilities.
• Communicate regularly with team members, key stakeholders & management on progress, project risks, potential solutions & expected outcomes.
• Develop contingency plans.
• Minimize obsolescence costs.
Manage component resource number creation.
Manage customized warranty process.
• Facilitate effective team meetings.
• Resolve and/or escalate issues in timely fashion. Facilitate problem solving sessions for teams, as necessary.
• Communicate effectively with project teams to identify needs and evaluate alternative solutions.
• Review project schedules with all staff that will be affected by project activities; revise schedules as required.
• Document project activities and ensure they are properly maintained and accessible to project teams, stakeholders and management.
• Establish communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff on the project’s progress.
Experience in the flooring industry, insulation and/or HVAC market
Send your resume along with the answers to the 10 questions from this link http://lhazan.com/qa/ to Lynn@lhazan.com with the Header: Marketing Project Manager. Your follow up call to 312-863-5401 is appreciated.