Boutique Public Relations Agency –Chicago Media Relations Freelancer-B2B- Automotive Analytics
Ref # 881
Are you an experienced freelance Media Relations expert? Eager to take on a new client for ongoing PR engagement for 15-20 hours/week? Do you live in the Chicago area? Want to work virtually with occasional meetings with PR agency president/client?
Chicago PR agency seeks experienced B2B Media Relations Pro who can turn data analytics into compelling stories for auto industry client. Ideal candidate will create and execute PR strategies to place stories with trade/tech publications and mainstream media. Candidate is highly creative, loves to pitch and is an excellent writer. Virtual work with occasional in-person meetings with agency and client. B2B experience important and prior knowledge of auto industry, insurance and analytics are pluses.
Agency has long term, trusted & productive relationship with automotive analytics client. Strong emphasis on proactive communications, integrity, strategic thinking and skilled media relations.
- Strengths in media relations with tech and B2B sectors. Mainstream media a plus.
- Number of years not as important as depth of experience and expertise in media relations.
- Superlative writing, pitching and editing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills – able to get along well with a variety of personalities.
- Excellent time-management skills, attention to detail and ability to meet multiple deadlines simultaneously.
- Able to work autonomously.
- Auto industry knowledge a plus.
- Bonus points for existing relationships with trade, tech, and national media.
Develop and execute innovative PR campaigns for client who provides data to insurance carriers. Diverse audience includes insurance carriers, OEMs, collision repairers and part suppliers nationally.
Time allocation: 70% media outreach and pitching, 30% day-to-day block and tackle: press releases, FAQs and talking points. Identify opportunities to use data to create compelling story angles and pitch to appropriate media outlets (mostly trade pubs, tech and mainstream media); fulfill source requests; cultivate relationships with influential reporters/editors, coach and prep company executives.
Target audiences: CEOs, decision makers in automotive industry; car manufacturers, collision repair, parts suppliers. .
Send resume with answers to the 10 questions from this link: http://lhazan.com/qa/ along with writing samples and media clips to Lynn@lhazan.com. Your follow up call to 312-863-5401 will be appreciated.