Global Medical Communications Agency
Various locations – Chicago, SF, PA, NY, Boston
Ref # 910-Immediate hire!
Our client’s vision is to build a company that is different from other medical communication companies. It is based on strong client focus, commitment to quality science, & delivery of innovative & powerful programs. Core values:
- Embrace principles of teamwork
- Respect co-workers & clients
- Use common sense in decision making
- Promote trust in relationships
- Share in the ownership of business
- Take full responsibility for actions
- Contribute to success through creativity, energy, passion, & initiative
Medical Director: Will assist in management and facilitation of scientific writing process. Assess client needs. Responsible for overall accuracy, quality, & content of all written material. Also assist team members in meeting company objectives, goals, & deadlines. Deliverables include: medical journal articles, abstracts, advisory panel write ups, patient education, disease awareness content, videos, and augmented reality.
Local talent or work remotely.
Reporting to: Vice President, Scientific Services or Director, Scientific Services
Required Experience & Skills:
- Advanced degree in Life Science, Writing, or Pharmacology required
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in medical writing or scientific direction capacity
- Understanding of Oncology, Inflammation, Cardiovascular, Rheumatology or Dermatology are added values.
- Excellent written/verbal communication & interpersonal skills
- Thrives in fast paced environment, work to & within deadlines & juggles multiple projects
- Strong financial, administrative & organization skills, including ability to multi-task
- Strong client communication skills – ability to speak & interact with clients & faculty members
- Keen attention to detail, ability to prioritize responsibilities and work in team oriented environment as well as independently
- Advanced computer skills, knowledge of Internet searches and Microsoft Windows software including; Word, Excel,
- Ability to pack and lift up to 20 lb. boxes or objects
- Travel as needed, including weekends (4-6 times/yr as needed)
75-80%: Billable work for clients. Within this percentage: 50%= Content Development & Strategy. 25-30% review & mentor staff on these assignments.
20% Business dev’t, training, mentor team & corporate growth.
- Work directly with clients & physicians/consultants to develop editorial content
- Maintain & follow current editorial & style guidelines
- Actively communicate with clients- develop plans, budgets, & project timelines
- Responsible for writing component of assigned projects, including:
- background reading & preparation
- outline development
- writing of assigned projects
- identification/preparation of tables & figures for design production
- quality checks & assurance
- maintenance of data packages for projects
- Edit & alter custom communications in AMA style to agreed specifications to meet client requirements
- Review & interpret scientific/technical documents. Process information into concise & medically accurate scientific communications
- Coordinate technical editing to clients’ expectations
Scientific Team Management
- Attend conferences/symposia or other meetings. Act as liaison between company, participants & clients
- Work with team members to determine criteria for literature searches & content of data packages
- Review editorial assignments & data to ensure medically accurate information to client specifications
- Conduct reviews, give feedback & mentor Medical Writers
- Aide in development of departmental guidelines & procedures
- Coordinate with internal departments (Creative, Client Services) to develop accurate timelines, monitor projects to ensure deadlines are met
- Facilitate planning meetings with internal team members to determine specifications & timelines for individual projects
- Alert appropriate team members to services of project requirements beyond those specified by original contractual agreements (i.e. increased scope of work, changed focus)
- Coordinate with internal departments (Creative, Client Services) to develop accurate timelines
- Assist in securing new business by representing Scientific Services Department at client presentations. Provide information & therapeutic area expertise
- Assist in continuing & expanding current business opportunities. Maintain positive client relations.
- Evaluate new business & assign team members for most effective project management
- Represent company in professional manner through appropriate demeanor, behavior and dress
- Manage and lead multiple levels of writers
- Maintain a sense of humor!
To Apply: Please forward your resume along with writing samples and answers to the 10 questions from this link: http://lhazan.com/qa/
www.lhazan.com Lynn Hazan & Associates. 312-863-5401