Medical Communication Agency
Ref # 907
Are you a Medical Writer or Aspirational Medical Writer? Can you simplify the language of medical science? Translate medical concepts into marketing/sales language? Does your content inform and educate within a variety of therapeutic areas? Do you have strong abilities to liaise with medical directors directly? Able to collaborate in a deadline oriented business setting? Want to join a growing medical communications agency in Chicago? Do you live in the Chicago area? Local talent please.
Growing Chicago medical communication agency seeks Medical Writer. Ideal candidate able to analyze, interpret, and communicate scientific information in simple yet educational way for a variety of audiences. Work on projects from concept through completion with team of dedicated staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science; Advanced degree also welcomed (MS, PhD, etc).
- 1-3, or 3-5+ years’ medical writing/editing/research experience.
- Experience from lab, medical ad agency, teaching environment or health care related company are pluses.
- Proficiency in Windows, Word, PowerPoint.
- Experience in the medical/health care industry.
- Ability to concisely and accurately communicate scientific information to a variety of audiences.
- Excellent grammatical, editorial, and proofreading skills.
- Attention to factual detail and accuracy.
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in a team setting.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving skills, tech savvy.
- Capacity to manage time effectively.
Percent of time:
70% background research and referencing
30% write content. Percentage of time can shift, depending on prior experience and writing abilities.
- Assist in creating scientific communications to inform and educate within therapeutic areas, including cardio, women’s health, CNS, GI, respiratory, and dermatology.
- Work closely with Account management staff, medical writers/directors and graphic designers. Very strong team approach throughout entire process, from concept to completion, internally and with clients.
- Act as liaison directly with medical directors to develop strategic medical communications.
- Create training materials for sales reps by simplifying the science of medicine into marketing language for use via i-pads, video, training materials, mini “textbooks” for sales reps, e-learning.
- Utilize literature searches and reviews utilizing various database sources
- Understand and interpret the scientific literature.
- Write and develop educational content to keep the medical and editorial content accurate.
- Opportunity for job growth- depending on expertise, will add more writing assignments.
To apply: Please forward your resume, samples and answers to the 10 questions from this link http://lhazan.com/qa/ to Lynn@lhazan.com