Public Relations Agency – Near North Chicago Suburb-Immediate Hire.
PR Senior Account Manager – Real Estate PR- Full Time
Ref # 903
Are you a Public Relations leader who creates news and a sense of excitement around your clients’ projects? Do you want to be the PR POINT person on the growth of the Chicago area real estate market? Do you love to write and pitch? Interested in moving into the real estate vertical to work with some of the top commercial/residential real estate developers, architects, interior designers, and issues related to sustainability? Here’s your chance to make a difference.
Our PR agency client is on a hot streak. We need to add a full time PR Sr. Account Manager because of successful new business wins.
Client is a boutique, family-friendly agency with flexible hours. Strong emphasis on creativity, integrity, determination and fun. Ideal candidate who enjoys a collaborative, open environment and stays up-to-date on trends /current events will thrive in this position. Must have access to a car for client/industry events. Writing test part of the interview process.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of professional experience in journalism, public relationsand/or corporate communications. Number of years not as important as depth of experience and expertise to add to the firm’s growth
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or English
- Superlative writing, pitching and editing skills, including knowledge of AP style.
- Experience developing and managing social media campaigns.
- Strong interpersonal skills – able to get along well with a variety of personalities.
- Excellent time-management skills, attention to detail and ability to meet multiple deadlines simultaneously.
- Able to work independently or as a member of a team at a boutique agency.
- Great work and good play ethic.
- Real estate knowledge a plus.
- Bonus points for existing relationships with local and national media.
Sr. Account Manager will develop and execute innovative PR campaigns for some of Chicago’s most high-profile real estate firms and developments. Diverse client roster spans residential and commercial sectors and includes companies with both a local and national presence. Clients include builders, developers, investors, property managers, brokers, contractors, architects and interior designers.
Candidate will write and edit news releases, bylines, and blog posts; identify compelling story angles and pitch to appropriate media outlets (mostly print, digital, TV and radio); fulfill source requests; cultivate relationships with influential reporters and editors; and manage social media programs, with ability to track results. Need access to car for client meetings, events and industry functions.
Send your resume, salary, writing samples and answers to the questions from this link http://lhazan.com/qa/ to Lynn@lhazan.com. Your follow up call to 312-863-5401 will make a difference.