Sponsorship Sales & Client Relations Associate
Communications Training & Conference Provider — Chicago or Virtual Location
Do you enjoy consultative sales and relationship building with customers? Interact well via phone & in person? Love the field of corporate communications, PR, executive & digital communications? Want to build on this knowledge to sell sponsorships? Available for travel to top tier locations? Do you live in Chicago area & want to work downtown? If you live outside the Chicago area, want to work virtually? Our client is flexible for the right candidate who can make a difference!
Nationally recognized conference & training company in Communications/PR is a fun, ever-evolving company that produces instructive conferences & creates engaging content for corporate communicator customers. New position because of growth. Candidate is a self starter who enjoys strategic sales/consulting to work with event and content sponsors. Will also consider candidates who want to transition to sales role and shift career track.
What does client do?
Client produces 20+ business conferences/year for top corporate communicators, marketers & PR pros from brands like Coca-Cola, Facebook, IBM, NASA, Mayo Clinic, etc. Conferences designed to educate & train professional communicators, share industry best practices & provide networking opportunities for attendees.
What else does client do?
Client produces high-quality content for widely-read online news sites. Also writes & distributes great content for sponsorship clients to generate leads & showcase subject matter expertise.
What will you do?
- Be a charismatic, bright, client-focused sales professional.
- Manage established client list, find & grow new business to meet or exceed sales goals.
- Understand clients’ needs. Create proposals for sponsorship programs including events & sponsored content to help market products or services to sponsor’s audience.
- Research new leads, track opportunities & aggressively cold and warm call to continually feed sales pipeline with qualified leads.
- Collaborate with company’s event producers, logistics managers & editorial team to determine best opportunities for sale.
- Sell event opportunities: exhibitor booths, speaking opportunities, bonus breakfast sessions, cocktail receptions, networking dinners & many more lead generating & thought leadership opportunities.
- Sell sponsored content opportunities: like white papers, eBooks, practical guides, tip sheets, advertising space.
- Track & manage leads, prospects and clients in Sugar CRM.
- Attend conferences to meet face to face with potential customers.
What experience should you have?
- 3+ years of Sales and/or Business Development in Sponsorship, Communications, Content or Writing Services, Digital Media. Will also consider candidates with great communication and relationship building talent to transition to sales position.
- BA/BS degree in Journalism, Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field.
What do you need for success?
- Great listening and conversation skills
- Motivation for success and achieving sales goals
- Excellent negotiation skills
- History of growth in responsibility
- Attention to detail
- Able to create process, identify areas that need change & excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong desire to work with several teams & adapt to many needs
- Able to learn quickly, be a self-starter
- Excellent skills in Microsoft suite
- Knowledge of Sugar CRM, SalesForce,or other CRM software experience
What we offer:
Client offers competitive sales salary with commission & bonus potential. Benefits include health, dental & vision insurance, 401K with a match, pre-tax transit benefits, Divvy bike discount program and generous holiday and PTO. Company closes between Xmas and the New Year.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Client is an equal opportunity employer. Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy status, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To Apply: Forward your resume along with the answers to the 10 questions from this link http://lhazan.com/qa/ to Lynn@lhazan.com with the header: Sponsorship Sales. Your follow up call to 312-863-5401 will showcase your follow up talent!