Senior Account Executive – PR Agency or 1-2 Freelance – Near North Chicago Suburb
Ref # 871
Our client is so happy with our candidate hires (#4) that we have been asked to recruit for #5 & #6 Sr. AE!
Are you an experienced PR professional with a passion for writing/editing and pitching? Do you have a nose for news and solid knowledge of social media? Track record of successful placements? Are you curious about real estate or want to learn more? Our PR agency client seeks full time Sr. Account Executive or 1-2 freelancers to join the team. Will consider candidate for ongoing freelance or part-time employment. Position equivalent to Acct Supervisor. Candidate can come out of consumer or business to business background. Client is a boutique, family-friendly agency with flexible hours. Strong emphasis on creativity, integrity, determination and fun. Ideal candidate who enjoys a collaborative, open environment and stays up-to-date on trends /current events will thrive in this position. Must have access to a car for client/industry events. Writing test will be part of interview process.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 5+ years of professional experience in journalism, public relations and/or corporate communications. Number of years of experience not as important as the quality of experience and work results.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or English.
- Superlative writing, pitching and editing skills, including knowledge of AP style.
- Experience developing and managing social media campaigns.
- Strong interpersonal skills – able to get along well with a variety of personalities.
- Excellent time-management skills, attention to detail and ability to meet multiple deadlines simultaneously.
- Able to work independently or as a member of a team at a boutique agency.
- Great work ethic and good play ethic.
- Real estate knowledge a plus.
- Bonus points for existing relationships with local and national media.
Sr. AE will develop and execute innovative PR campaigns for some of Chicago’s most high-profile real estate firms and developments . Diverse client roster spans residential and commercial sectors and includes companies with both a local and national presence.
Clients include builders, developers, investors, property managers, brokers, contractors,architects and interior designers.
Candidate will write and edit news releases, bylines and blog posts; identify compelling story angles and pitch to appropriate media outlets (mostly print, digital, TV and radio); fulfill source requests; cultivate relationships with influential reporters and editors; and manage social media programs, with ability to track results. Need access to car for client meetings, events and industry functions.
Job Type: Full-time
- Chicago, IL
- Public Relations: 5 years
Lynn Hazan & Assoc. www.lhazan.com