You’re the Candidate We Want to Place! We Have Jobs!
Think of it…. We only need one candidate to fill each job. That’s all. That individual does have to be the “perfect fit”. Our clients increasingly use our services to hire for very tight specs. The closer we come, the better the chances.
Our PR agency client seeks a Sr. Account Manager – full time. Will also consider freelance talent. Do you have public affairs, community engagement and public policy experience? Real estate would be great too. Send in your resume.
We have another exciting job opening!
An award winning, top ranked Chicago patent law firm seeks Technical Advisors/Patent Agents for its science + IP Law practice. Particular interest in candidates with Chemistry, Electrical Engineering/Computer Science experience. Work in team environment to help patent new products, inventions and services. Growing field & career advancement. Interest you? Let’s talk.
Table of Contents:
1) Job Openings –
2) Candidate Consulting Services – Resume Review & Empowered Job
3) Upcoming Events – See more info below.
4) Featured Article: 6 Ways to Get Out of a Career Rut. Tired of the same work routine day in and day out? Who wouldn’t be? Repetitive work can make anyone want to run for the hills to escape the boredom. If you’re tired of your daily grind, it’s time to make some changes-ASAP. If you don’t, you could find yourself heading toward burnout, which can hurt both your professional and personal lives. Read more here
Our Current Openings
1. WORKSHOP: NSENG Founder, Marty Gilbert, conducts a 3hr & 45 min session on “How to Create & Implement an Effective Job Search Plan“.
Date: Mon, Feb 10, 2020
Time: 9:15 am – 1:00 pm
Venue: National Louis University, 5202 Old Orchard Rd, Room 468, Skokie
2. Careers at the Intersection of STEM and Law: a STEM Circuit Event
In collaboration with the High Tech Law Society (HTLS) at Northwestern University, this latest installment of their monthly mentoring program, STEM Circuits, will focus on how your background in science/STEM can overlap with careers in the legal field.
Light appetizers and refreshments will be provided.
Date: Tues, Feb 11, 2020
Time: 6pm – 8pm
Venue: Northwestern Pritzker School of Law 375 East Chicago Ave, Room RB 150, Chicago, IL 60611
3. Webinar presentation Title: Become a Stealth Networker and Find a Job
Date: Tues, Feb 11, 2020
Time: 11:00 am EST (8:00 am PST, 9:00 am MST, 10:00 am CST)
Most job seekers find their job through networking – what about you? If networking is not your strength, this training was written for you! During this session, we will address the following:
The lines will be open to address your questions following the training presentation.
4. Traits for Talent Success in Dynamic Businesses by Chicago Chapter of ANA Business Marketing
We’ve all experienced business transformations and as marketers we’re often tasked with driving that change. So how do you develop a talented team with the right skill sets when the needs of the business keep changing? What are the traits for success that dynamic businesses need to seek out and nurture? What are the raw materials for future success in marketing leaders?
Cynthia Soledad will share the four attributes that have been proven by Egon Zehnder to contribute to executive potential so you can consider what this means for your own readiness to take on a new challenge or think about how to attract and grow diverse skills for your organization.
Date: Tues, Feb 11, 2020
Time: 11:30 am – 1:30 pm
Venue: Willis Tower, 233 South Wacker Drive, 34th Floor, Chicago, IL
5. NSENG speaker Lynne Franklin will present on “How to Turn an Interview into a Powerful Conversation” plus a round of networking.
Date: Tue, Feb 18, 2020
Time: 6:15 pm – 8:30 pm
Venue: National Louis University, 5202 Old Orchard Rd, Skokie
6. Many Pathways – Workshop and Network Event
C2ST and ONLi Packs want to help students understand what careers are available
to them. Chicago is home to hundreds of thousands of creative and inspired individuals all working toward different passions. This workshop for students aims to highlight a small number of these unique pathways and help students to understand how to approach going after their dreams.
Date: Sat, Feb 22, 2020
Venue: Dvorak Park Gymnasium, 1119 W Cullerton Street, Chicago, IL 60608
7. The Innovator’s Guide to Chicago: Rising together in 2020.
Hear about the State of Innovation. Chicago’s innovation ecosystem is on the rise, thanks to the ever-growing network of corporations, startups, investors, universities, non-profits and the government collaborating to take Chicago to the next tier as a global hub of innovation.
Join us to celebrate Chicago’s innovation strengths and learn how we can better drive collaboration across our ecosystem to ensure that Chicago not only stays on the rise, but leads the charge on innovation.
Time: 6 pm – 8:30 pm
Venue: Museum of Contemporary Arts (220 E Chicago Ave)
8. HubSpot Academy offers free courses on lead generation, building marketing campaigns, SEO training, content marketing, Facebook advertising, and so much more. Get the details here
9. Save the date: April 27, 2020 Lynn will present at the NSENG event.