When I came across this chalk drawing in my neighborhood, I couldn’t help but smile. Children always manage to bring their innocent truth under any circumstance. We are all obeying social distancing. There is still a strong desire to hold one another’s hand and to come together as a community – show strength & compassion in unity. Now, there are other ways of expressing this same desire, to demonstrate that we are still here for each other.
At LH&A, we are working from home. We interact with our clients and candidates. Each day we continue to interview candidates. We reach out to our current and potential clients to identify their hiring needs. Hiring should pick up in the next 30-60-90 days. We practice “proactive recruiting”. We will be ready. LH&A is committed to your success. We continue to recruit for Medical Writers and Freelance PR professionals. Next week we hope to share details about a new job opening for a Patent Agent in Chicago! Keep a lookout!
Only 3 more days to sign up for my career-changing webinar! Learn why it is important and beneficial to partner with a recruiter to land your dream job. I will guide you to success when you follow my tips and tricks to building a positive relationship with a recruiter. Join me on April 6th at 7 pm CST. See registration details below.
Table of Contents:
1) Job Openings –
2) Candidate Consulting Services – Virtual Resume Review & Empowered Job Seeker. If you need help sharpening your resume and /or your strategy to land your next job, let’s connect. The Resume Resume and Empowered Job Seeker sessions will be conducted online.
3) Upcoming Events – See more info below.
4) Featured Article: 17 Tech Tips and Tricks to Make Working From Home More Productive (and Fun)
Because of coronavirus, a lot of people are suddenly finding themselves working from home for the first time. Technology makes this possible. But beyond the technology you’ve already used in your job on a regular day, how can you use tech to make it easier to work remotely? Read more here
Our Current Openings
I was reminded of this saying from Maya Angelou “Hope and fear cannot occupy the same space, invite one to stay” when I tried the first day of the 21-day meditation program. I found it very helpful to maintain balance. Come join me on this path. It is a free 21-day series led by Deepak Chopra and hosted by Oprah Winfrey entitled “Hope in Uncertain Times”.
Details can be found here
2. 60-min webinar: “How to Work More Effectively With a Recruiter”.
Lynn Hazan to present. April 6, 2020
In this new age of hiring, working with a Talent Recruiter is more important than ever. During this webinar, learn why and how it’s to your benefit to partner with a recruiter to land a great job. Gain insights into relationship building and how it can pay off for you. Understand what their ideal candidate profile looks like and how you can become the “candidate of choice”. The good news is that there’s a lot of hiring going on. LYNN HAZAN, President of Lynn Hazan & Associates, the Relationship Recruiters, will share her perspectives based on 35 years of recruiting experience.
* Uncovering the hidden job market
* Creating greater demand for your talent
* Perfect your interviewing abilities for online & video interviews
* How to showcase accomplishments in resumes.
* Positioning yourself to be within the top 3 candidate resumes
* Understanding the pros and cons of AI (Artificial Intelligence)
* Case studies on successful placements
Date: April 6, 2020
Time: 7 pm – 8 pm (CST)
Purchase Tickets: here (registration includes access to the webinar recording whether you attend or not)
3. Perceptions and Public Understanding of COVID-19 a virtual program by The Chicago Council on Science and Technology
Alicia Frasier, MPH, of RTI International will discuss a survey that looks at early findings of Americans’ knowledge of the Coronavirus
Date: April 7, 2020
Time: 4 PM – 5 PM (CDT)
4. Webinar Presentation Title: Answer The Question “Tell Me About Yourself” Like a Pro
Date: Thursday, April 9th
Time: 1:00 pm EST (10:00 am PST, 11:00 am MST, 12:00 pm CST)
Description: Most interviews start with the question “Tell me about yourself”, but too often the answer given eliminates the job seeker from consideration. This is the first impression you will give to the interviewer and need to practice your response. You need to become comfortable and confident in your answer. During this session, we will address the three following topics:
After participating in this session, you will welcome vs. regret being asked this question!
Registration Link: click here
The lines will be open to address your questions following the training presentation.
5. HubSpot Academy offers free courses on lead generation, building marketing campaigns, SEO training, content marketing, Facebook advertising, and so much more. Get the details here