Falling leaves. A little nip in the air. This is a great time of the year to consider a new job. See our updates below…
Table of Contents:
A. New Job Opening – Medical Writer – Downtown Chicago
B. Ongoing Job Openings –VP-Public Affairs, VP-Advertising Agency, Internship
C. Events/ Conferences
- Social Media Masters Summit October 22, 2015, special discount for LH&A subscribers
- BMA Chicago Nov 12, 2015, Marketing Leaders Luncheon Series: Kathy Button Bell, VP, Chief Marketing Officer, Emerson
D. Free Webinars –
- Re-THINK! Building Your Self-Confidence for a Successful Job SearchFriday, Oct. 21st
- What Are Your Career Options Friday, Oct 30th
E. Article – The Agility Shift
A. New Job Opening
1. Medical Writer – Medical Comm Agency – Downtown Chicago
Are you a Medical Writer or Aspirational Medical Writer? Can you simplify the language of medical science? Translate medical concepts into marketing/sales language? Does your content inform and educate within a variety of therapeutic areas? Do you have strong abilities to liaise with medical directors directly? Able to collaborate in a deadline oriented business setting? Want to join a growing medical communications agency in Chicago? This is a full time position.
B. Ongoing searches – Job Openings
1. VP Client Services- PR Agency- Public Affairs- Chicago
Are you a public policy/issues management guru? Have in-depth experience with Chicago/IL media? Have 10+ years of PR agency experience? Enjoy supervising and mentoring staff? Want to be the #2 person in an award winning agency? Strong writer with a passion for editing? Are you process orientated? Are you good at building relationships with clients? Our Chicago client is hiring local talent… Send us your best work, resume, and answers to the ten questions.
2. VP of Client Relations – Digital Consumer Ad Agency- Chicago suburbs
Are you an outstanding client service account management professional with consumer ad agency experience? Do you excel at creating marketing strategies and digital campaigns? Do you like to supervise staff and build processes? Have 8-10+ years of increasingly responsible client service experience? Have advanced understanding of latest digital and off-line tools and strategies to reach and convert prospects into customers? Ready to be part of senior management team? Then send us your resume and answers to the ten questions.
3. Intern- Executive Search Firm- Downtown Chicago
Want an inside look on Communications and Marketing? Eager to learn how to get hired at top-tier companies/agencies? Want to develop your writing and phone skills? Curious how businesses evaluate and hire talent? Participate in Lynn Hazan & Associates’ acclaimed internship program. Candidates will learn how to: perfect resume and interviewing skills, create portfolio samples, network within professional associations, develop personal brand, and learn about the business world of executive recruiting. Can use internship for school or life credit.
C. Events/ Conferences
1. Social Media Masters Summit
October 22nd, 2015
Digital Megaphone’s Social Media Masters Summit is this Thursday…Only a few seats left.
Sessions include topics like:
- Tips on Maximizing Your Paid Social Media
- Growing a Large, Loyal, Active Instagram Following
- Customer Loyalty and Reward Programs
- Building Relationships & Trust Through Transparency
- Telling Your Brand’s Story with White Board Videos (Client Case Study – Discover)
- Driving Millions of Monthly Visitors Website with Viral Content
Our subscribers get $20 off. Use the promo code lh20 when you sign up.
2. BMA Chicago
Nov 12, 2015, Marketing Leaders Luncheon Series: Kathy Button Bell, VP, Chief Marketing Officer, Emerson
D. Free Webinars
1. Re-THINK! Building Your Self-Confidence for a Successful Job Search
Wednesday, October 21st @12:00 pm EST (9:00 am PST, 10:00 am MST, 11:00 am CST))
Here is an opportunity to get beyond the years of worry and concern about being “good enough”. This is about having the inner-strength to know what you want and to go after it confidently. Self-confidence impacts your job search as well as your happiness in life. Learn how the feeling of “not being enough” is an illusion that impacts millions of people.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Learn the keys to building your self-confidence for success in your job search
- The tools to make lasting changes in your pattern of thinking.
- Shift from “not enough” to truly having self-worth!
- Stop comparing yourself to others!
- Discover how easy you can go from invisible to VISIBLE
- Build and strengthen your attitude – Be a Yes to YOU!
- You can take a deep breath of relief. Say, “Goodbye to the Lack of Self-Confidence”
2. What Are Your Career Options
Friday, October 30th @ 11:00 am EST (8:00 am PST, 9:00 am MST,10:00 am CST)
If you have exhausted your job targets, it could be time to consider a different career or different targets, but where do you start? During this session we will discuss the following:
- New Career Resources
- Job Shadowing Options
- People in the Know
- Realistic Expectations
To register for the training, you may login to our Career Portal and click on the Webinar Tab. Then click on the event and register by clicking the webinar registration link for each event listed.
Your Login Information is:
Username: lynn Hazan
Password: (password you selected upon registration)
E. Article – The Agility Shift
The Agility Shift shows business leaders how to make the radical mindset and strategy shift necessary to create an agile, entrepreneurial organization that can innovate and thrive in complex, ever-changing contexts. As Pamela Meyer explains, it requires relinquishing the illusion of control at the very foundation of most management training and business practices. Despite most leader’s approaches, “Agility is not simply accelerated planning.”