12-12-14 Good news. Clients continue to interview candidates for hires in 2014-2015. Let’s keep the momentum going for great talent for our job openings.
A. Job Openings:
1. Account Supervisor Or Equivalent: B2B Ad Agency Chicago Area: This position has been upgraded to an Acct. Supervisor. Will consider candidates for full time/temp/ or temp to perm. Put your B2B ad agency expertise to work!
2. Sr Graphic Designer: B2B Ad Agency Chicago Area: Candidate must have strong design aesthetic and technical skills to create websites and WordPress pages. Will consider candidates for full time/temp/ or temp to perm.
3. Global Director of Marketing & Communications: Chicago area not for profit. Leader needed with expertise in branding, communications, and marketing to supervise large team. Put your passion and talent to work for the good of humanity. Foreign language skills and global experience will tip the scales in your favor.
4. Director of Marketing: Chicago marketing info co.
Help entrepreneurs to grow their businesses by applying your talent as a Marketing pro.
B. Article: Top 10 Mistakes to Avoid when you Negotiate Salary
Be prepared when you land the next big job. Thanks to Jody Michael for her tips.
C. UPCOMING FREE JOB SEEKER TRAINING WEBINARS:
Research Salary Before You Apply
December 18th @ 2:00 pm EST (11:00 am PST, 12:00 pm MST, 1:00 pm CST)
Salary will be addressed on employment applications and throughout the interview process. It is for this reason that it is so important to conduct your research before you apply for a job. During this session we will address the following:
- Best resources to research salaries
- The impact of Cost of Living Comparisons
- How to quote a salary that gets you eliminated from consideration
- How NOT to leave any money on the table when negotiating compensation
Why Schedule Informational Interviews?
December 22nd @ 12:00 pm EST (9:00 am PST, 10:00 am MST, 11:00 am CST)
When you are in a job search, your ultimate goal is to schedule as many interviews as possible. Nothing happens, until you have the opportunity to get in front of a hiring authority so you can sell your abilities. The next best thing to a job interview is an informational interview. During this session we will address the following:
- Who you should contract
- How to prepare
- How you maintain control
- Actions after an informational interview
- Why this process is so effective
Log into your Happy Candidates Back office http://www.happycandidates.com and click on EVENTS on the Main Menu. Register for the upcoming webinars by clicking on the event and then clicking the webinar registration link.
Job Seekers may register on your Career Portal by clicking on the WEBINAR Tab. Then clicking on the event and then register by clicking the webinar registration link for each event listed.
D. FREE UPCOMING EVENTS
Leadership Story Lab:
Make 2015 your most articulate year yet. How? Maybe you’ve discovered TED Talks already. Maybe you haven’t. Either way, join Speaking Society and together we’ll dissect several of those wonderful, wide-ranging public speaking nuggets that are making waves all over the Internet. TED Talks deliver fresh and fascinating insights. You can, too! We’ll share some of the best of the best — clips guaranteed to help you improve your own public speaking process and practices. Read More
Date: Thursday, January 22nd Time: 5:30pm networking; 6-7:30pm program Location: 76 E. Monroe, University Club of Chicago Dress: Business causal minimum; no jeans or workout shoes To RSVP, please email Esther by Monday, January 19th.