12-14-18: The Season for Face to Face
December is a time for personal connections
. It’s been especially fun to meet in person at industry events and parties. In the last 2 weeks, I participated in many programs, including:
ANA-B2B (here with interns, Delores, Danielle and Dilorom)
Communicators for Good
Women in Digital
Women in Bio.
What are you doing to maximize your personal brand? Here are some tips:
1. Remember that people count. Saying thank you goes a long way. Remember the importance of the FACE-to-FACE when you interview in person or even via video Skype or FaceTime. Smile and look eye to eye at the interviewer or the camera.
2. Remember, we hire people, not robots. Candidates need to demonstrate not only their technical knowledge but also the ability to connect with people in real time. That means it’s time to develop rapport and experience the “click” factor. You know it when you feel it.
3. Take time to reinforce the human aspects over the holiday season. You will smile when you feel the reciprocal connection!
Lynn Eats Humble Pie: Please accept my apologies if you accidentally received one or two emails that were not intended for mass distribution. The problem has been solved and corrections were made. Thank you to the individuals who personally followed up with me. I am very grateful.
Our consulting services are still going strong in the holiday season! Sign up for our Empowered Job Seeker (3 hours) or Resume Review (1 hour). We’re passing on the discounts as our holiday gifts to you.
Save $25 for the EJS and $25 for the Resume Review use code “THANKS
“. Both include a kit of resource materials.
Offer good until Dec 31, 2018
Save the Date(s): Catch me in action for my NSENG presentations on Jan 21 and 22: How to Create a Win-Win for a Job Placement with a Talent Recruiter. I’ll also be raffling off the Resume Resume (valued at $150) and will encourage you to participate in the Calling Cards exercise. See your strengths up front! Details: See below.
Events & Free Webinars:
Check out December NSENG programs and the free webinars listed below.
Featured Article of the Week: Lynn participates in a MasterMind group: WonderWomen, with Gail Zelitzy as Coach.
Medical Writer – Medical Communication Agency
Are you a Medical Writer? Can you simplify the language of medical science? Translate medical concepts into marketing/sales language? Does your content inform and educate within a variety of therapeutic areas? Want to join a growing medical communications agency in Chicago? Do you live in the Chicago area? Local talent please. Click here
to read more…
Marketing Associate – Intl. Business Consulting Firm – Downtown Chicago
Are you interested in international business? Eager to showcase your writing, social media, research and phone skills? Curious how businesses enter foreign markets, identify new opportunities, and make effective decisions? Speak a foreign language? Click here
to read more..
Marketing/PR/Recruiting INTERN– Downtown Chicago
Our internship program is unique in that we share knowledge: we teach and learn from each other. Flexible hours; can receive college credit. Work side-by-side with president and other interns in an energetic environment. A definite career builder for a student or new grad interested in marketing, communications, human resources or recruiting. Click here
to keep reading…
Save $25 for the EJS and $25 for the Resume Review use code “THANKS“. Both include a kit of resource materials.
Offer good until Dec 31, 2018.
In this session, Lynn Hazan will help you to break through the clutter of similar, boring resumes. You will receive practical suggestions and tips on how to revamp your resume. Complimentary follow-up phone session to assess revised resume is included. Time permitting, LinkedIn profiles will also be evaluated. Click here
to Learn More
“Empowered Job Seeker™” is a program that helps candidates undergo effective job searches in the ever-changing marketplace. In this 3-hour (1.5 hours each session), one-on-one or group consultation, participants learn proven techniques to more successfully market themselves as the candidates of choice. Click here
to Learn More
Tuesday, Dec 18, 2018 6:00-9:00 PM
@Hackney’s on Lake (1514 E Lake Ave in Glenview)
2. NSENG presents “What the hell approach to job search” by Marty Gilbert plus networking
Mon Jan 7 at the Glenview Library, 6:15-8:30pm
3. NSENG presents “How to create a win-win for a job placement with a talent recruiter” by LYNN HAZAN
(executive recruiter) plus networking.
Mon Jan 21 at the Glenview Library, 6:15-8:30pm
4. NSENG presents “How to create a win-win for a job placement with a talent recruiter” by LYNN HAZAN (executive recruiter) plus networking.
Tue Jan 22 at McDonald’s Hamburger Univ in Oak Brook, 6:15-8:30pm
5. Around Chicago LIVE! Networking at VU Rooftop
Thu, January 17, 2019 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM CST
Location: VU Rooftop 133 E. Cermak Street, 22nd Floor, Chicago, IL 60616
for more details
1. Presentation Title: Prepare Better than Your Competition Before Interviews
Date: Tuesday, December 18th
12:00 pm EST (9:00 am PST, 10:00 am MST, 11:00 am CST)
The most qualified person does not necessarily get hired, it’s the person who aces the interview. How can you PREPARE better than your competition, so you end up with a job offer? During this session, you will learn the following:
Nine specific steps to prepare for an interview
Additional tips to improve the results of your job search process
2. Presentation Title:
How to Handle an Uninformed Interviewer
Date: Thursday, December 27th
2:00 pm EST (11:00 am PST, 12:00 pm MST, 1:00 pm CST)
Have you ever been frustrated when you realize the person interviewing you doesn’t understand your credentials or the position, they are presenting to you? What can you do to turn this situation around, so you are considered for the job? During this session, we will address the following:
How you can be scheduled for a subsequent interview
How to turn this type of interview into your favor
Why it’s important to understand the priorities of this individual
1. Select the “Register” tab
2. Fill in the required information and register as a “Job Seeker”
3. You will receive a confirmation email and will be redirected to the dashboard
4. Select the “Webinar” tab to listen to the webinars live or receive access to previously recorded webinars.
Register for the Training in our Career Portal by clicking on the WEBINAR Tab. Then click on the event and register by clicking the webinar registration link for each event listed.
Your Login Information is:
Username: lynn Hazan
Password: (password you selected upon registration)