All I want… is a diamond ring! Congratulations on the Supreme Court’s ruling in favor of marriage equality! We also have more good news…. A new position, VP Client Services for a Chicago PR agency that specializes in public affairs. Read on for more details…
Table of Contents:
- Job Openings – New & Ongoing Searches
- Free Webinars – July 1st & July 9th
- Article – The Hidden Storytelling Skills: The Four Key Story Sliders
- Job Openings
PR Agency-Public Affairs-Chicago
Are you a news junkie? Love issues management and public policy? Have 10+ years of PR agency experience? Enjoy supervising and mentoring staff? Want to be the #2 person in award winning agency? Strong writer with passion for editing? Results oriented leader? Our Chicago client is hiring local talent…
Chicago based issue-oriented PR agency helps non-profits, associations, and corporations effectively strategize and communicate with target audiences through appropriate media channels.
Essential Skills, Experience and Knowledge:
- Must have 10+ years of PR agency or combo agency, not for profit and/or corporate. Must have PR agency, management and comprehensive PR/ communications leadership/supervisory experience.
- Exceptional writing, editing and media relations talent.
- Thrives in fast-paced, ever-shifting environment.
- Exceptional analytical & critical thinking skills.
- Expert relationship-building skills. Enjoys supervising staff
- Skilled in new business development practices. Entrepreneurial mindset.
- Knowledgeable of the strategic use of social media and digital tactics.
- Self-starter and leader.
Anticipates client opportunities – and problems – before they arise.
Percentage of time:
65% client work. Billable for projects, deliverables, client meetings
15% new business
20% supervise staff, mentor their growth, admin, HR.
- Manage and assist staff members in building relationships with clients.
- Provide senior level counsel for public affairs and PR strategies for clients.
- Mentor and supervise account staff in managing day-to-day PR strategies.
- Strategize and write original high-level documents, write and edit new business proposals.
- Identify “next level” thinking for clients by tracking trends and developments.
- Coach account staff to function effectively and embody collegial team environment.
- Manage professional development, coaching and staff training.
- Participate in regular performance reviews for account staff.
- Network to cultivate new business prospects.
- Cultivate new client relationships and secure new client work.
- Create ideas for new business opportunities (with current clients & prospects). Coordinate new business-related assignments for account staff.
- Regularly update firm president on work progress, results, client issues and account staff performance.
- Work with agency president and operations manager to develop/implement strategies for achieving firm’s overall goals and objectives.
- Manage and analyze firm’s billable hours and revenue projections. Ensure account staff are as productive as possible, resulting in greater firm profitability. Present revenue projection, analysis, forecasts and growth plans to president.
- Analyze staffing needs, and potential changes, in conjunction with productivity, profitability and new business growth. Work closely with operations manager and recommend staffing plans to president.
- Conduct all projects in the spirit of company’s mission and core values.
To Apply for this Position
Send your resume, writing samples and answers to the questions from this link http://lhazan.com/qa/ to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your follow up call to 312-863-5401 will make a difference.
- B-To-B Marketing Communications Manager-Downtown Chicago-Immediate Hire
Do you like to help customers save money? Do you have strong B2B writing experience that moves clients to action? Background in retail? Our client is eager to hire. Candidates are interviewing….
- Senior Copywriter- Downtown Chicago-Immediate Hire
Needed…..Outstanding consumer/retail copywriting experience that moves customers to take action. Retail tech company in growth mode. Send us your best samples and your resume.
- Senior Art Director-Downtown Chicago-Immediate Hire
You operate with solid grasp of the brand. You elevate and evolve the aesthetic while supporting overall brand direction alongside the creative director. Ideal job for self-starter who works well both independently and with team. Will uphold design integrity throughout every stage of project. Must be able to take projects from kick off to production through all stages of creation across both B2B and C2C channels.
- Director of Marketing-Chicago-O’Hare area
Do you like to help entrepreneurs to grow their businesses? Leverage your expertise in direct marketing, both strategic and tactical to make a difference. Partner with internal team to create marketing campaigns from start to finish. Fast pace environment.
- Program Manager- Meeting Planning-Chicago-downtown.
Are you a hands on meeting planner? Do you have third-party experience? Enjoy working with outside clients? Are you detail oriented, great at negotiating contracts, booking hotels, transportation and logistics? Work primarily on international meetings for major clients, primarily in Europe and Asia. Must be available for weekend work (approximately once/month).
- Copywriter- 2 openings- Chicago-O’Hare area.
Are you an experienced copywriter? Do you want to learn direct response copywriting? Our client will consider copywriters who want to add direct response copy to their list of capabilities. Like to work at fast pace? Embrace the storytelling concept of edutainment? Come join our client’s team. Send us your samples.
- Freelance Marcom Manager-Ongoing Assignment-Immediate hire
Are you an experienced B2B or technology marcom writer/marketer? Available for ongoing freelance work in Chicago? Like to communicate to business segments about industry leading technology with practical implications? Available for 15-20 hours/week to start?
2. Free Webinars:
1. What You Don’t Know Could Hurt Your Next Career Move… Don’t Make These 10 Common Mistakes!
Wednesday, July 1st @ 12:00 pm EST (9:00 am PST, 10:00 am MST, 11:00 am CST)
As a results coach working with thousands of job seekers, I’ve learned it’s not always the most qualified person who gets the job. In this webinar, we are going to break it down so you can learn the common mistakes made by job seekers and more importantly how to get it right so you are a top candidate. How well do you think you are doing on your job search? Come ready to learn and be inspired as this will give you the confidence you need to kick your job search into high gear.
2. How to “Sell” on Your LinkedIn Profile
Thursday, July 9th @ 10:00 am EST (7:00 am PST, 8:00 am MST, 9:00 am CST)
LinkedIn Rules keep changing and it’s important that you consistently upgrade your LinkedIn Profile. During this session we will discuss the following:
- Recent changes
- Why selling on your profile is so important
- The importance of prepping your endorsements
- How consistency enhances your job search
Your Login Information is:
Username: lynn Hazan
Password: (password you selected upon registration)
Also, Click here to learn more about Resume Services:
Username: lynn Hazan
Password: (password you selected upon registration)
3. Article: The Hidden Storytelling Skills: The Four Key Story Sliders
By Doug Lipman