Two new jobs this week! Our clients are very eager to hire. Put your “awesome” talent to work. We need a candidate with experience in qualitative market research to open a new facility in Chicago. Another new client is recruiting a Marketing Manager to attract bidders for live auctions of medical equipment. Keep reading for more details….
Table of Contents:
A. New Job Openings & Ongoing Searches
B. Free Webinars
1. How to Write a Stand-Out Resume – July 14th
2. Stay Inspired During Your Job Search – July 24th
C. Article – The 3-Task Trick That’ll Make Every Morning More Productive
A. Job Openings
1. Marketing Manager – Chicago Area | Western Suburbs
Medical Equipment Auction co.
Ref # 827
Would you like to use your marketing expertise to identify domestic and international buyers to grow the customer base? Interested in organizing on – site and online auctions? Highly strategic, creative and insightful in developing new businesses? Here is the job for you…
Chicago area global reseller of medical equipment/products sold in Chicago area, Las Vegas and Fort Lauderdale for worldwide distribution seeks Marketing Manager to grow number of customers. Using a unique business model, our client is the industry market leader with domestic and international customers.
Informal & relaxed with a can do attitude. Employees are empowered to help out, fueled by the spirit of entrepreneurism.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing
- Working knowledge of Spanish a plus, but not required
- 5 years of marketing experience, preferably targeted marketing including social media
- Proven ability to establish, maintain, and develop relationships
- Demonstrated resourcefulness, creativity, and insight into ways to develop new business
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office with research capabilities using search engines
- Exceptional organizational skills, detail-oriented, and team player
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, ability to “speak the buyer’s language”
- Dynamic and outgoing personality
- Develop relations with U.S. and international buyers, both current and prospects.
- Market upcoming auctions to medical equipment buyers through various channels including mass e-mails, targeted e-mails, and phone calls.
- Notify buyers of equipment in upcoming sales by communicating auction highlights and catalog availability.
- Represent company at trade shows both domestically and overseas.
- Maintain, update, and utilize buyer database to track buyer information and preferences and conduct more targeted marketing.
- Provide excellent customer service, handle all questions and requests from buyers.
- Assist buyers onsite for inspection on auction days.
- Assist buyers with pick up and shipping questions, including providing recommendations and contact info of shipping companies.
- Manage company website and all forms of social media including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Assist in developing messaging for marketing collateral.
Reports to: VP of Operations
Percentage of Time:
|20%||Communicate about upcoming events in various US locations & sign up buyers [Auctions held every five weeks]|
|30%||Deal directly with customers; provide information on equipment; coach first time buyers. Send out social media, email blasts and highlights of auction items. Goal: increase number of customers both online and at physical locations. Market events; notify lists using social media; update website content. Write and produce product catalogue, both print and electronic; support company at the auctions. Work directly with resellers and end users.|
|20%||General communications [not event related]. Projects include: website, social media and corporate communications|
|30%||General marketing: identify prospective new buyers; organize and participate in trade shows [domestic and international] and other marketing activities|
- Reliable means of transportation to and from work- must have car.
- Pass background check and drug test
- Up to 10% travel required
2. Facility/Office Manager – Global Market Research Co. – Chicago
Do you want to work in non-traditional market research with top tier clients? Like to organize focus groups in a fun & creative way? Highly organized? Prior experience in consumer insights from the ad business? Want to manage a brand new facility? Good at cultivating leads? Here is the job for you……
Global qualitative market research firm opening new facility in Chicago. Company works with global brands to deliver meaningful customer insights and actionable results in the most creative, innovative and thoughtful approach.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- 3-4 years of office managerial experience;
- 2+ years’ experience in marketing, advertising or market research;
- Experience working at a focus group facility and/or innovation space;
- Some experience in consumer research or brand/communication strategy;
- Passion for marketing, strategy, media, fashion, technology & pop culture;
- Must be organized and extremely detailed oriented, with strong sense of accountability, ownership and follow through;
- Proven analytical & creative problem-solving skills;
- Able to notice qualitative insights;
- Team player and multi-tasker;
- Able to work in a fast paced environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Proficiency in Excel, Google Docs, PowerPoint, Word and Keynote a must.
Percentage of Time:
10-20%: new business, field email inquiries;
40%: Liaise & update with clients and recruiters, take recruiting calls, project management- supplies, catering, A/V needs.
30% day to day space management, supplies, impeccable set up, office management
10% New respondent outreach, lead generation, research new clients
- Manage day-to-day operations of company’s new office & ongoing projects;
- Assist to complete setup for official “hard launch” including support for staffing, general supply inventory, ordering & delivery;
- Field new business correspondence (space rental & recruiting email/phone inquiries) to Chicago space. Reply to inquiries and/or submit cost estimates;
- Schedule projects, manage/update project calendar, & resolve calendar conflicts;
- Manage all Chicago project details, from inception to completion across multiple research projects;
- Supervise project coordinators, interns & other part-time support staff.
- Coordinate scheduling of staffing around workflow & client fielding days.
- Oversee recruiting progress. Provide project updates to internal teams & clients;
- Review equipment, supply inventory & needs weekly;
- Manage prep & set up of focus groups on project fielding days, including special client needs;
- Host & greet clients & participating respondents on fielding days.
- Develop & maintain “best of lists” for out of town clients, ensuring they are offered lists of best hotels, restaurants, etc. in keeping with company aesthetic.
- Build relationships with potential respondents. Implement creative & innovative ways to add new & interesting people to database of participants.
- Proactively seek new Chicago business opportunities, including cross selling of services & spaces in other company locations.
To Apply: Please forward your resume with answers to the 10 questions from this link: http://lhazan.com/qa/ to FacilityMgr@lhazan.com. Your follow up call to 312-863-5401 demonstrates your attention to detail. www.lhazan.com
1. VP Client Services- PR Agency- Chicago
Are you a public policy/issues management guru? Have in-depth experience working with Chicago/IL media? Have 10+ years of PR agency experience? Enjoy supervising and mentoring staff? Want to be the #2 person in award winning agency? Strong writer with passion for editing? Our Chicago client is hiring local talent… Send us your best work, resume and answers to the ten questions.
2. B-To-B Marketing Communications Manager-Downtown Chicago-Immediate Hire
Do you enjoy creating business development materials? Do you have strong B2B writing experience that moves clients to action? Background in retail nice to have. Our client is eager to hire. Candidates are interviewing…. Send us your best work, resume and answers to the ten questions.
3. Senior Copywriter- Downtown Chicago-Immediate Hire
Needed……a unique voice and outstanding campaign samples. Your consumer/retail copywriting experience moves customers to take action. Retail tech company in growth mode. Send us your best work, your resume and answers to the ten questions.
4. Senior Art Director-Downtown Chicago-Immediate Hire
Your work displays a modern and fresh look with a campaign focus. You show creative uses of typography. Your goal is to help change consumer behavior. We want to see your conceptual work and examples from traditional marketing, email, banner ads and brand messaging. Send us your best work, resume and answers to the ten questions.
5. Director of Marketing-Chicago-O’Hare area
Are you a marketing change agent? Do you see opportunity in an evolving market place? See yourself as a transformational leader? Do you like to help entrepreneurs to grow their businesses? Leverage your expertise in direct & digital marketing, both strategic and tactical to make a difference. Partner with internal team to create marketing campaigns from start to finish. Fast paced environment. Send us your your resume and answers to the ten questions.
6. Program Manager- Meeting Planning-Chicago-downtown.
Are you a hands on meeting planner? Do you have third-party experience? Enjoy working with outside clients? Are you detail oriented, great at negotiating contracts, booking hotels, transportation and logistics? Work primarily on international meetings for major clients, primarily in Europe and Asia. Big pharma experience a plus. Must be available for weekend work (approximately once/month).
7. Copywriter- 2 openings- Chicago-O’Hare area.
Are you an experienced copywriter? Do you want to learn direct response copywriting? Our client will consider copywriters who want to add direct response copy to their list of capabilities. Like to work at fast pace? Embrace the storytelling concept of edutainment? Come join our client’s team. Send us your samples.
B. Free Webinars:
1. How to Write a Stand-Out Resume
Tuesday, July 14th @ 11:00 am EST (8:00 am PST, 9:00 am MST, 10:00 am CST)
Could your resume use some help? Feeling unsure about your resume’s effectiveness? Want to make sure you’re sending employers the best resume possible? If so, this training webinar is a must attend! You will learn how to create a resume employers want to read and respond to, be aware of potential pitfalls to avoid, and learn the importance of having a stellar LinkedIn profile.
2. Stay Inspired During Your Job Search
Friday, July 24th @ 2:00 pm EST (7:00 am PST, 8:00 am MST, 9:00 am CST)
If you have ever had a day when you just wanted to put the covers over your head and not get out of bed – this session was written for you. It’s not easy conducting a job search every day especially when you’re not getting the results you had anticipated. During this session you will learn the following:
- How to handle rejection
- What it takes to be motivated daily
- How to consistently keep your job search on track
- How inspiration is the key to your next job
Your Login Information is:
Username: lynn Hazan
Password: (password you selected upon registration)
Also, Click here to learn more about Resume Services:
Username: lynn Hazan
Password: (password you selected upon registration)
C. Article: The 3-Task Trick That’ll Make Every Morning More Productive