Chicago’s Got Talent! Now it’s your turn to apply. See new job specs below. Many thanks to Grace Guo, LH&A intern, upon her graduation from DePaul’s MSM program. See her new art work contribution for our office!
Table of Contents:
A. Job Openings – New & Ongoing Searches
B. Events and Conferences – June 16 & June 17
C. Free Webinars – June 9 & June 18
D. Article – How to Answer the 31 Most Common Interview Questions
A. Job Openings
1. New! Freelance Marcom Manager-Ongoing Assignment-Immediate hire
SoftwareTechnology co –Chicago
Ref # 821
Are you an experienced B2B marcom writer/marketer? Available for ongoing freelance work in Chicago?
Like to communicate to business segments about industry leading technology with practical implications? Available for 15-20 hours/week to start?
Growing B2B software company, a Microsoft Gold Partner, located in downtown Chicago is expanding its marketing programs and activities. Company is an industry leader and recognized as a one of the country’s fastest growing privately held companies. Short walk from several CTA stops, Union Station and Ogilvie Transportation Center.
Marcom Manager will develop and execute tactical initiatives, as well as strategy and brand narrative development to support the sales focus. Candidate will plan, develop/implement and evaluate marketing strategies, marketing communications, and events, both external and internal. Reports to Director of Marketing.
Experience and Skills Required
- Minimum 5 years of relevant, hands-on B2B/tech marketing or public relations experience.
- Degree in Marketing or Public Relations. Excellent writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to drive and execute successful programs for enterprise software organization(s)-nice to have.
- Able to develop integrated marketing plans; strong budget management and reporting skills.
- Proven ability to work with multiple levels of management; emphasis on high responsiveness and accountability.
- Knowledge of Marketo (or similar) and Microsoft Dynamics CRM (or similar).
- Quick learner and a technology enthusiast.
- Ability to manage, collaborate and thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Positive, high energy, enthusiastic, flexible.
- Shows initiative, is proactive, likes to identify opportunities and independently pursue.
- Team player, conscientious, results-oriented, strong time management skills, “can do” attitude.
- Low stress environment. We realize that people are most effective when they’re happy, and we take that very seriously.
60-70% of time: writing, promotions and lead generation
30-40% events and trade shows
- Create marketing and communications programs to drive demand generation via web, social media, and events for target customers in banking and finance, healthcare and insurance and government.
- Draft collateral, emails, newsletters and other marketing content. Re-shape content for different channels.
- Oversee social media presence.
- Coordinate involvement in trade shows and promote participation to relevant audiences.
- Assist with planning of events and user community meetings.
- Engage with customers to develop and publish case studies.
- Manage website content.
- Contribute to the successful promotion and execution of webinars.
- Support analyst relations activities.
- Update and manage marketing calendar, monitor analytics and prepare results reports and other related program summaries.
Please forward your resume, hourly rate, writing samples and answers to the questions from this link http://lhazan.com/qa/ to MarcomMger@lhazan.com. Pls call 312-863-5401 to confirm receipt of materials. www.lhazan.com
2. Director of Marketing-Chicago-O’Hare area
Do you like to help entrepreneurs to grow their businesses? Leverage your expertise in direct marketing, both strategic and tactical to make a difference. Partner with internal team to create marketing campaigns from start to finish. Fast pace environment.
3. Program Manager- Meeting Planning-Chicago-downtown.
Are you a hands on meeting planner? Do you have third-party experience? Enjoy working with outside clients? Are you detail oriented, great at negotiating contracts, booking hotels, transportation and logistics? Work primarily on international meetings for major clients, primarily in Europe and Asia. Must be available for weekend work (approximately once/month).
4.Copywriter- 2 openings- Chicago-O’Hare area.
Are you an experienced long-form copywriter? Do you have samples that demonstrate your expertise in direct response copywriting? Like to work at fast pace? Embrace the storytelling concept of edutainment? Come join our client’s team. Send us your samples.
5. Social Media Manager- Chicago.
Use your strategic and tactical social media skills to make a difference to a national charity. Downtown Chicago headquarters. Be part of the PR team, work with dedicated colleagues, and raise the bar on social media as a strategic communication’s platform. Organization is very committed to work-life balance for its employees. Generous benefits.
B. Events and Conferences
1. DePaul University: Just In Time Job Fair – June 16, 2015
Date & Time: Tuesday. June 16, 2015 (10:00AM – 2:00PM)
Location: Lincoln Park Student Center, 120 A/B
Open to DePaul students and alumni only.
Connect with employers seeking entry-level talent, internships and more experienced candidates.
Come by and say hello to Lynn at the MAC-Marketing Advisory Council table!
For More Info: https://goo.gl/UI0V0C
2. FUEL: Customer Engagement through the Lens of Chicago Sports Teams – June 17, 2015
Back by popular demand is FUEL, BMA Chicago’s super-charged expo and expert panel of marketing executives. On June 17th, join us as we hear from leaders in Chicago’s sports businesses sharing insights for engaging fans, customers and client-partners in an ever-changing, fast-paced and multi-channel marketplace.
Mark Silverman, President, Big Ten Network
Alison Miller, Senior Director of Marketing, Chicago Cubs
Scott Paddock, President, Chicagoland Speedway
Adam Fox, President & CEO, Chicago Sky
Date & Time: Wednesday, June 17, 2015 5:00p.m. – 9:00p.m.
Location: Chicago Sports Museum – Water Tower Place; 835 N. Michigan Ave, Chicago
For More Info: https://goo.gl/2XxoWr
C. Free Webinars:
1. How to write a stand-out resume
June 9th @ 11:00 am EST (8:00 am PST, 9:00 am MST, 10:00 am CST)
Could your resume use some help? Feeling unsure about your resume’s effectiveness? Want to make sure you’re sending employers the best resume possible? If so, this training webinar is a must attend! You will learn how to create a resume employers want to read and respond to, be aware of potential pitfalls to avoid, and learn the importance of having a stellar LinkedIn profile.
2. Select the RIGHT Targets and Contacts for Your Job Search
June 18th @ 2:00 pm EST (11:00 am PST, 12:00 pm MST, 1:00 pm CST)
Your ability to send your resume to the best targets and get your resume in the hands of the right people is critical to you finding a new job. During this session you will learn the following:
- The best targets for your search
- How to identify the right contact
- When it’s time to consider NEW job targets
Your Login Information is:
Username: lynn Hazan
Password: (password you selected upon registration)
How to Answer the 31 Most Common Interview Questions By The Daily Muse Editor