Go with the flow. When water falls in the right direction, it looks effortless. It’s smooth. When we have the right client, right candidate, talent set, culture and compensation, we create successful placements. It looks that good and feels magical. Ask yourself if your credentials are in alignment with current market needs. What do you need to do/be to be the top candidate? How is your flow?
This week, we celebrate our latest placement and continue to recruit for clients eager to hire.
Table of Contents:
A. Job Openings – Ongoing Jobs – Public Affairs, Advertising Agency, Meeting Planning, Social Responsibility, Art Director, Internship
B. Filled Jobs – Communications Manager/ Sr Communications Mgr – Global Foundation – Downtown Chicago
C. Free Webinars-
- “How to set and attain daily minimum standards”: Wednesday Sept. 2nd
- “Can’t find a job? Blame your Resume”: Tuesday, Sept. 8th
- “Re-Think! Interview Strategies That Produce the Best Results”: Thursday, Sept 17th
- “Is your LinkedIn Profile Replacing Your Resume or CV?”: Thursday, Sept 24th
D. Save the Dates – Upcoming Workshops – Live Events -October 8th-9th, October 15th
E. Article – The 7’C’s of a Collaborative Content Culture
A. Job Openings- Ongoing Needs:
- VP of Client Relations- Consumer Ad Agency- Chicago suburbs
Are you the go-to person with consumer advertising account management experience? A collaborative player/coach who raises client service to a new level? Have 8-10+ years of increasingly responsible consulting or client service experience? Have advanced understanding of latest digital and off-line tools and strategies to reach and convert prospects into customers? Ready to be part of senior management team? Then send us your resume and answers to the ten questions.
- Assistant Program Manager- Social Responsibility- Temp Position- Chicago West Suburbs
Do you have strong administrative talent? Put it to use for a temp assignment for a global client in the western suburbs of Chicago. Full time project from mid October-end of December, 2015, with some part time hours prior for training, starting in September. Must have intermediate level of proficiency in Excel. This job is very similar to a project management type position. Maternity leave replacement. Candidate will start training in September, two to three days a week. Public transportation not available to location, must have a car.
- VP Client Services- PR Agency- Public Affairs- Chicago
Are you a public policy/issues management guru? Have in-depth experience with Chicago/IL media? Have 10+ years of PR agency experience? Enjoy supervising and mentoring staff? Want to be the #2 person in an award winning agency? Strong writer with a passion for editing? Are you process orientated? Are you good at building relationships with clients? Our Chicago client is hiring local talent… Send us your best work, resume, and answers to the ten questions.
- Senior Art Director- Retail Technology Co.- Chicago
Are a rockstar Senior Art Director? Have strong conceptual design chops to join rapidly growing in-house creative team to help build emerging brand? Do you have strong conceptual skills and exceptional art direction talent across multiple media? Then this is the job for you! Ideal job for self-starter who works well both independently and with team. Will uphold design integrity throughout every stage of project. Must be able to take projects from kick off to production through all stages of creation across both B2B and C2C channels.
- Program Manager- Meeting Planning- Downtown Chicago
Are you a hands on meeting planner? Do you have third-party experience? Enjoy working with outside clients? Are you detail oriented, great at negotiating contracts, booking hotels, transportation and logistics? Work primarily on international meetings for major clients, primarily in Europe and Asia. Big pharma experience a plus. Must be available for weekend work (approximately once/month).
- Intern- Executive Search Firm- Downtown Chicago
Want an inside look on Communications and Marketing? Want to learn how to get hired at top-tier companies/agencies? Eager to develop your writing and phone skills? Curious how businesses evaluate and hire talent? Participate in Lynn Hazan & Associates’ acclaimed internship program. Candidates will learn how to: perfect resume and interviewing skills, create portfolio samples, network within professional associations, develop personal brand, and learn about the business world of executive recruiting. Can use internship for school or life credit.
B. Filled Jobs
- Communications Manager/ Sr Communications Mgr – Global Foundation – Downtown Chicago
C. Free Webinars
- How to Set and Attain Daily Minimum Standards
Wednesday, September 2nd @ 3:00 pm EST (12:00 pm PST, 1:00 pm MST, 2:00 pm CST)
You can be distracted constantly when conducting your job search. Working hard on your search does not equate to finding a job. This program will help you know where to focus your time by setting minimum standards. During this session we will address the following:
- How to set and achieve minimum standards
- What activities should be priorities
- How to keep your job search on track
- Can’t find a job? Blame Your Resume
Tuesday, September 8th @ 11:00 am EST (8:00 am PST, 9:00 am MST, 10:00 am CST)
This session will help job seekers ranging from entry-level to C-level to better understand that if their job search efforts aren’t getting results, it’s time to take a look at (and cast blame) to their resume. This webinar will provide information on current resume standards and what hiring managers and recruiters want to see.
- Re-Think! Interview Strategies That Produce The Best Results
Thursday, Sept. 17th @ 12:00 pm EST (9:00 am PST, 10:00 am MST, 11:00 am CST)
I hear the excitement when people say, “I have an interview!” Everything it takes to get to this important point in the job search, all of the work and effort of finding your target, planning, knowing your unique value, networking, writing your resume, finding the ideal positions, sending your resume, following up….and now…. you have an interview!
Preparation takes time. You have to know what kind of research to do about the company and the role, and it takes practice so you are clear about what you want to cover in the interview. Bottom line, you must be mentally and physically ready if you want to do well in the interview.
A strategy is simply your “game plan” of what you’ll cover in the interview. Your game plan includes the best things you could share about yourself on the interview.
Here is what you’ll learn:
- How to Improve Your Thinking by Re-THINKING!
- We will Create an Incredibly Effective Interview Strategy
- Learn to Be a Master of Building Rapport
- What is the “Best of You” Summary Statement?
- What Strengths You MUST Share About Yourself?
- The Most Powerful Questions to Ask in the Interview
- Is Your LinkedIn Profile Replacing your Resume or CV?
Thursday, Sept. 24th @ 2:00 pm EST (11:00 am PST, 12:00 pm MST, 1:00 pm CST)
There are major changes regarding the impact of your LinkedIn
Profile and your job search process. During this session we will discuss the following:
- The importance of your LinkedIn Profile
- Priorities of hiring authorities
- How your LinkedIn Profile helps or hurts your job search
Job Seekers may register on our Career Portal by clicking on the WEBINAR Tab. Then clicking on the event and then register by clicking the webinar registration link for each event listed.
D. Save the Dates – Upcoming Workshops – Live Events
- Demystifying Careers in Marketing and Communications | October 15, 2015 – 4:00pm-6:00pm
DePaul University’s Downtown campus: 1 E. Jackson, Chicago, IL, 60604
More details to come.
2. DePaul’s Fall Job Fair | October 8, 2015: 3:00pm-6:00pm | October 9, 2015: 11:00am-2:00pm
DePaul University’s Lincoln Park Campus
LH&A will have a booth with the MAC (Marketing Advisory Council)
More details to come.
E. Article – The 7 C’s of a Collaborative Content Culture