Alumni Relations Coordinator
Major Law Firm – Chicago or Washington D.C.
Are you a connector? Do you like to put events together? Do you enjoy networking? Do you have 2+ years’ experience? Join this prestigious law firm as Alumni Relations Coordinator! Position in either Chicago or Washington D.C. Work remotely 2 days/week. 10-15% travel. Travel or events held in Chicago, New York & Washington D.C. Work-life balance is priority. Room for creativity and brainstorming.
About this Job:
Be part of team that manages alumni programs within larger Marketing Department; closely tied with Marketing & Business Development team. Alumni team works closely with events & communications staff. Coordinator will manage 8,000+ alumni by using CRM. Team consists of Director of Sustainability, alumni & Alumni Relations Coordinator.
Candidate will handle alumni communications, draft alumni interviews, write, handle invitations & track RSVPs, alumni engagement & be face for all things alumni. Supports growth of firm’s alumni program. Coordinator will collaborate with offices, practices, marketing colleagues, members of learning & development team & other stakeholders to help keep alumni community closely connected to firm.
Candidate will need to complete writing test as part of interview process. Must be US based with valid working papers.
- 2+ years’ experience in alumni relations, program/event planning, recruiting, or similar field. Experience in University or Alumni setting is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Familiar with CRM tools, Blast Emails, Microsoft Suite & Excel (able to manipulate data, formulas, graphs/tables). Experience with Interaction & Vuture are pluses.
- Preferred: Law firm/professional services marketing experience.
- Strong writing/proofreading/editing skills.
- Able to research corporate space to evaluate competitors’ efforts to engage alumni.
- Service, excellence & collaborative mindsets
- Demonstrated ability to maintain event planning tools & resources, including budgets.
- Experience with coordinating long-term projects.
- Able to execute programs & projects across multiple locations.
- Support creation of best practices, planning tools & templates for alumni programs.
- Update alumni records in firm’s CRM & other databases to maintain accurate & complete alumni data.
- Perform searches & prepare lists of alumni based on criteria including region, practice groups, industry, etc.
- Support alumni events in collaboration with regional & practice-based teams to ensure consistency across markets.
- Perform research for contact record updates, alumni news, meeting venues & other research.
- Coordinate & collect metrics & tracking tools to report on results of alumni programs.
- Help facilitate information sharing (e.g. job postings, career moves, referrals) with Business Development & Marketing team, lawyers & colleagues in Learning & Development team.
- Assist in creating regular communications related to alumni, including monthly & quarterly communications, both internal & external. Support colleagues to help them communicate effectively about firm’s alumni network.
- Respond to alumni questions & requests by email, phone & at events to help foster connections between alumni & firm.
- Be a “face of firm” to alumni, proactively engaging with them, especially around job moves, other personal & professional accomplishments.
- Share & maintain content within Alumni Community web portal. Ensure alignment of alumni content across firm’s social media outlets.
- Seek cross-collaboration opportunities between alumni program and other internal initiatives such as DE&I, Learning & Development, or business development.
- Provide program support and perform other duties as assigned.
Alumni events require Coordinator to appear in person. Events are generally 3-6 times/year. Coordinator will likely travel to DC, NY, or Chicago & stay for several nights/trip.
Chicago employees are required to submit their vaccination cards for client’s records. No testing required for those not fully vaccinated. Masks optional for everyone.