~ Former LH&A intern
Our internship program is unique in that we share knowledge: we teach and learn from each other. Lynn Hazan & Associates has an ongoing need for interns. Flexible hours; can receive college credit. Work side-by-side with president: staff and other interns in an energetic environment. A definite career builder for a student or new grad interested in marketing, communications, human resources or recruiting. Previous interns have graduated to careers with major corporations, agencies, nonprofits and entrepreneurial businesses.
Must be well-organized and eager to learn, with excellent oral and written communication skills. Computer skills are also necessary; must bring laptop.
- Maintain corporate website using WordPress (opportunity to learn if not already familiar)
- Write and create weekly blogs and email campaigns via Constant Contact and share with subscribers via website, Yahoo groups and other channels. Track results
- Construct Public Relations emails utilizing MailChimp
- Collect and update useful resources for job seekers
- Create content and infographics for presentations
- Source qualified candidates for openings through LinkedIn
- Write job specs and post openings on websites, LinkedIn Groups and other channels
- Research companies for new business development
- Assemble and maintain databases for sourcing candidates
- Volunteer for industry events, including BMA, Innovation Chicago and Here’s Chicago
- Create content and monitor social media activities on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Get the inside view of marketing, social media and communications, advertising and PR.
- Gain experience in using social media platforms professionally
- Learn how to perfect your resume and LinkedIn profile
- Create content and samples for your portfolio
- Perfect your interviewing skills through hands-on experience
- Exposure to professional associations and clients, when possible
- Open doors for networking opportunities and potential job contacts
Check out this video on Lynn Hazan’s involvement at the DePaul University – Digital Marketing Career Fair