We have a new job opening! A dynamic, top tier IP Law firm seeks experienced certified Patent Agent for its Chicago office. Ideal candidate has strong background in Biotechnology, Molecular Biology or related field (biochemistry, pharmacology, biology). See all the details below.
Tonight!!! Sign up for my career-changing webinar! Learn why it is beneficial to partner with a recruiter to land your dream job. I will guide you to success when you follow my tips and tricks to building a positive relationship with a recruiter. Join me on today, April 6th at 7 pm CST. See registration details below.
Table of Contents:
1) Job Openings –
2) Candidate Consulting Services – Virtual Resume Review & Empowered Job Seeker. If you need help sharpening your resume and /or your strategy to land your next job, let’s connect. The Resume Resume and Empowered Job Seeker sessions will be conducted online.
3) Upcoming Events – See more info below.
4) Featured Article: 6 Biggest Challenges of Working from Home and How to Overcome Them
Working remotely has its perks. No daily commute in the morning. The flexibility to work when you want to. No strict dress code (unless you have online meetings!). But it also has its disadvantages. It can be hard to stay motivated. You aren’t working alongside your team. And you don’t have colleagues to interact with.
Here’s a list of some of the most common issues faced by remote workers and tips for coping with them. Read more here
Our Current Openings
I was reminded of this saying from Maya Angelou “Hope and fear cannot occupy the same space, invite one to stay” when I tried the first day of the 21-day meditation program. I found it very helpful to maintain balance. Come join me on this path. It is a free 21-day series led by Deepak Chopra and hosted by Oprah Winfrey entitled “Hope in Uncertain Times”.
Details can be found here
2. 60-min webinar: “How to Work More Effectively With a Recruiter”.
Lynn Hazan to present. April 6, 2020- Tonight!!
1-Hour Job Search Webinar on Mon Apr 6th, 7:00-8:00 PM (CST). “HOW TO WORK MORE EFFECTIVELY WITH A TALENT RECRUITER” During this webinar, learn why and how it’s to your benefit to partner with a recruiter to land a great job. Gain insights into relationship building, understand what their ideal candidate profile looks like & how you can become the “candidate of choice”.
LYNN HAZAN, President of Lynn Hazan & Associates, will share her perspectives based on 35 years of recruiting experience. Lynn will address the following topics: * Uncovering the hidden job market
* Creating greater demand for your talent
* Perfect your interviewing abilities for online & video interviews
* How to showcase accomplishments in resumes.
* Positioning yourself to be within the top 3 candidate resumes
* Understanding the pros and cons of AI (Artificial Intelligence)
* Case studies on successful placements
Date: April 6, 2020
Time: 7 pm – 8 pm (CST)
Purchase Tickets: here (registration includes access to the webinar recording whether you attend or not)
3. Perceptions and Public Understanding of COVID-19 a virtual program by The Chicago Council on Science and Technology
Alicia Frasier, MPH, of RTI International will discuss a survey that looks at early findings of Americans’ knowledge of the Coronavirus
Date: April 7, 2020
Time: 4 PM – 5 PM (CDT)
4. Webinar Presentation Title: Answer The Question “Tell Me About Yourself” Like a Pro
Date: Thursday, April 9th
Time: 1:00 pm EST (10:00 am PST, 11:00 am MST, 12:00 pm CST)
Description: Most interviews start with the question “Tell me about yourself”, but too often the answer given eliminates the job seeker from consideration. This is the first impression you will give to the interviewer and need to practice your response. You need to become comfortable and confident in your answer. During this session, we will address the three following topics:
After participating in this session, you will welcome vs. regret being asked this question!
Registration Link: click here
The lines will be open to address your questions following the training presentation.
5. IABC Webinar: How to Adapt Your Internal Communication Strategies During a Pandemic. Presented by Carolyn Clark and Jason Anthoine; Sponsored by Simpplr
How are you feeling? As we continue to go through the highs and lows of current times, we want to keep an open dialogue and supporting network. Join Carolyn Clarke, senior director, internal communication at GoDaddy and Jason Anthoine, managing founder of Audacity and as they share emerging best practices and, equally important, tips on how we should be taking care of ourselves as stressed-out communicators.
In this webinar, you will learn:
Date: April 9, 2020
Time: 11 a.m.-12 p.m. PDT / 2-3 p.m. EDT
Details: here. Free to the public
6. HubSpot Academy offers free courses on lead generation, building marketing campaigns, SEO training, content marketing, Facebook advertising, and so much more. Get the details here