Do you enjoy the sales process? Are you a relationship builder? Passionate about the role of communications & training? Do you use problem-solving approaches with clients? Self-starter?
Business Development Manager will propose new solutions & build business. Excellent pay/benefits. Diverse & Inclusive company culture. 20% travel. Potential earnings Year 1 range from $120K – $160K, including base & commission. You can grow your career, build meaningful client relationships & solve business problems as part of a known brand in communications.
Client specializes in communications training & consulting for wide range of sectors including corporations, associations, non-profit, & government entities. Services span all communications disciplines, including employee communications; public relations; media relations; diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI), brand journalism; crisis communications; environmental, social & governance; marketing; social media & more.
- 3+ years of sales experience in consultative sales, preferably in communications services, PR or ad agency, or service-driven industry with evidence of prior success. Company open to reviewing candidates with varying levels of experience.
- Driven & passionate entrepreneur. Passionate about helping clients succeed.
- Proficiency: Account planning, understanding of lead management, & computer skills
- Able: to prospect & reach senior-level contacts within midsize & large organizations.
- Demonstrated: Intellect, drive, & sales acumen.
- Proven: Experience building excellent client relationships through customized offerings & strategic insights into their businesses.
- Excellent: Communications & presentation skills (written/oral) to create compelling stories about communications consulting services.
- Expert: Knowledge of CRM software; HubSpot experience is a plus.
- Familiar with: Calendly, Zoom & AirTable.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Reach out to clients in healthcare, government agencies, F500 companies, utilities, regulated industries, aerospace, airports, & financial services, etc.
- Services span all communications disciplines, including employee communications; PR; media relations; DEI; brand journalism; crisis communications; environmental, social & governance; marketing; social media & more.
- Target prospects include corporate communications Directors & VPs, media relations, & crisis communications professionals across all industries.
- Help clients navigate communications challenges, propose custom solutions, & close new consulting business.
- Tap into existing prospects & build new business through outbound sales efforts.
- Report to VP of Sales & partner with existing accounts & new contracts.
- Manage inbound leads & outbound sales outreach from various marketing channels.
- Collaborate with consultants & sales & marketing team to identify new business opportunities, solutions & revenue streams.
- Build client referral program.
- 20% travel to conferences, workshops, & industry events on location at Disney, Microsoft, Facebook, etc.
- Leverage HubSpot sales & marketing platform for client management.
- Liaise between clients & consultants to ensure smooth handoff for new projects.
- At industry events, represent brand, network with prospective clients, & advise them on possible solutions.
To Apply: Please send your resume, samples & answers to the questions from www.lhazan.com/qa/ to Lynn Hazan, Lynn Hazan & Associates– email@example.com. Please refer to: Business Development Manager- Communications Consulting. Ref # 991 in the header