Marketing Consulting Agency- Chicago/Virtual
Are you a digital marketing & social media wizard? Highly skilled on Facebook, Instagram, & LinkedIn? Experienced with tools including: Hootsuite & Sprout Social? Want to make a difference for not-for-profit, education and trade association clients? Have 3+ years’ experience, ideally from agency? Interested in virtual & collaborative team environment? Want to work for award-winning marketing agency & advance your career? Do you live within easy driving distance to Chicago? While this is a Virtual job, there will be occasional meetings/events in Chicago. Candidate will be reimbursed for expenses.
Agency has special relationships with clients. Works as extension to their marketing departments. Commits to continuing education & work-life balance for employees.
Candidate will work with 2 biggest clients & participate in new business development initiatives. Must be self-directed & self-motivated. Able to move forward, manage when needed, do hands-on work (i.e. content creation, digital campaigns, & close work with graphic designers). Eager to gradually progress into more senior roles. Regular office hours: e.g. 9-5:30 pm.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- BA/BS in Marketing, Journalism, Communications or related discipline.
- 3+ years’ experience in digital marketing, social media strategy & execution
- Strong understanding of audience targeting techniques
- Track record of best practices to optimize social engagement & drive traffic
- Excellent written & editorial skills
- Paid social ad campaign development & audience targeting skills
- Strong analytical skills (i.e. respect of performance metrics)
- Familiar with social platforms & management tools (Hootsuite & Sprout Social)
- Highly skilled in Facebook, Instagram & LinkedIn audiences, targeting for
advertising & post optimization
- Strong understanding of lead generation principles & methodologies
- Proven experience growing engagement & communities
- Agency work: 80% specific client & agency-related work, 20% new business, processes, consensus building, award applications, & marketing materials.
- Client work: 50% campaign management & content creation, 35-40% project management, team & client workflow, 10% agency & financial.
- Search optimization knowledge: strategy, gatekeeper, manager of voice & brand.
- Social media expertise: determine/manage types of content that work best on individual platforms. Optimize content accordingly. Understand nuances of each platform (i.e. engage an audience through social media posts, paid ads, & interactions). Should, hopefully, find some joy in doing just that!
- Social media management (i.e. leading online tools to direct the marketing strategy).
- Target key audiences (knowledge & experience to effectively segment the right people with ad & post content on Facebook, LinkedIn & Instagram).
- Copywriting (Creativity; convey ideas in a clear & precise way).
- Visual intelligence (knows what images will work & when; has a general knowledge of design in order to create visually appealing graphics & to coordinate with appropriate posts; video an ever-increasing component of social media strategies).
- Basic video & audio editing skills for use in creating social posts, web content & digital ads
- Able to set up, optimize & manage search and other paid lead-generation campaigns.
- No commute, work virtually with minimal travel to client sites & events
- 15 days PTO
- 9 Paid holidays
- Additional week off between Christmas & New Year’s Day (agency is closed)
- Health insurance premium paid-in-full by company
- 401K with match
- Profit-sharing plan eligibility in first year
- New business growth bonuses
- Performance bonus
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Free lunch every last Friday of every month
- Home office equipment/furniture budget of $1,500
- Mobile phone and internet expense reimbursement
- Professional development courses subsidized up to $1,500, annually
To Apply: Forward your resume, writing samples, and answers to these questions https://lhazan.com/qa/ to Lynn Hazan, firstname.lastname@example.org. Refer to Digital & Social Media Manager position for Marketing Consulting Agency in the header.