Business Development Manager- Full Time
Professional Association- Downtown Chicago
Ref # 912
Do you enjoy doing Business Development or developing Affinity Marketing programs for professional associations? Have you fostered relationships and acquired strategic partnerships with companies and/or organizations? Have you crafted detailed RFPs, negotiated business terms, built relationships, achieved revenue goals, and collaborated on targeted communication strategies? Are you a go-getter? Proactive, well spoken, and team-oriented?
Be a creative and tenacious Business Development Manager! Our client is an employee centric organization, offers competitive benefits and flexible work options. If you are a creative thinker, a marketer at heart and like to help others grow, this is the place for you! Ideal candidate stays up to date on economic trends and innovative practices.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required
- 5-8+ yrs of experience working for a trade, alumni association or related businesses
- Proven success in closing deals & driving revenue through marketing relationships with key industry companies
- Experience working with attorneys to close contracts is valued
- Natural relationship-builder
- Experience in affinity marketing programs is a plus
- Results-oriented and proactive with high attention to detail
- Able to multi-task and meet deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment
- Able to generate ideas and think in innovative ways to find solutions
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office—Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Exceptional communication skills—verbal, written, and presentation
- Persuasive and poised in leading meetings with individuals at all levels within an organization
- Able to sell intangibles, be self motivated and patient in working on long sales cycle
- Serve as first point of contact within Association for incoming business development opportunities
- Prospect actively for new business opportunities; develop and present RFPs
- Develop long-term alliances that create meaningful benefits for members and revenue for the Association.
- Partner with legal team to develop customized contracts
- Ensure clear representation of business goals & deal terms
- Collaborate with team and potential partners on initial development of marketing and tactical plans
- Train Account Managers on implementation and commitment details of new contracts
- Conceptualize new business models and creative partnership approaches to increase program revenue
- Prepare competitive landscape to identify opportunities/gaps in program offerings
- Work within a 6 person marketing- business development dept.
- Travel as needed for industry conferences (Washington DC, San Francisco) and Partner Meeting, Naples, FL
Send your resume, writing samples, and answers to the questions from this link https://lhazan.com/qa/ to firstname.lastname@example.org. Header should read: Business Development Manager. Your follow up call to 312-863-5401 will make a difference.