Director/Associate Director, Scientific Services – New!
Medical Content-SOC (Standard Of Care)
Virtual or Gr. Philadelphia or Gr Boston area
Ref # 954
Award winning MedComm agency seeks Director/Associate Director of Scientific Services. Candidate can work remotely, anywhere in the US or at agency offices in Gr. Philadelphia or Boston area. Candidate must be based in the US.
Director/Associate Director- Scientific Services will research, design & write educational materials for life sciences industry professionals. Will process client goals, objectives, & strategy; create solid learning solutions that convey & reinforce client’s goals for target audience. Experience spans wide array of disease states & associated anatomy & physiology, treatment landscapes, & patient experiences. Candidate has knowledge of writing, products, competitive landscapes, selling skills, & writing in many formats, including e-learning, print, live or virtual workshops, virtual preceptorships, patient journeys/pathways, videos, podcasts, games, assessments, & coaching guides.
Candidate skillfully & effectively engages & communicates with key client stakeholders; adapts to workflow peaks; collaborates with Operations, Creative, Editorial & Sales team members.
- Advanced degree (MA, MS, PhD, PharmD, MD)
- BS/BA in Life Sciences
- 1-3 years (Assoc. Dir. level) or ≥4 years (Dir. level) medical writing experience (Writing for multiple disease states/devices, Writes in variety of formats/products, eg E-learning, print/PDF, Clinical study summaries, PI summaries, Patient journeys/pathways, Virtual preceptorships, Videos or podcasts, Sales coaching tools, games, assessments, Advisory Boards, Competitive landscape assessment)
- Pharmaceutical, medical device, and/or biotechnology sales training experience
- Healthcare provider experience (MD, Physician Assistant, Nurse Practitioner, Nurse, Pharmacist, etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) & Adobe Acrobat, familiar with virtual meeting software (eg, Zoom, Microsoft Teams, GoTo Meeting, Skype for Business, WebEx, Adobe Connect, etc.)
- Has teaching experience and/or education
- Instructional design experience and/or education
- Familiarity with clinical research principles
- Experience writing in multimedia formats
- Working knowledge of American Medical Association style guide
- Able to interpret complex scientific information; client strategy & sales/marketing messaging; communicate clearly to sales representatives via different delivery formats); think & write visually, write appropriately to target audience, writing workshops. Add value in client calls, engage & communicate with key client stakeholders, lead large/complex project(s), eg (Revamp existing curriculum involving substantive consulting/research, new indication launch involving multiple products/offerings (eg, PI amplifiers, e-learning, coaching guide, workshops, etc.), new brand launch involving new curriculum development and/or workshops. Adapt to workflow peaks effectively, review graphics, identify inaccuracies/issues, & make sound suggestions. Contribute writing to proposals. Speak at live sales pitches.
- Willing & able to navigate between multiple & changing projects, tasks, priorities, & deadlines. Work independently & collaboratively in team environment, positively accept & implement constructive feedback from internal & external sources. Consistently project upbeat, professional attitude & image. Occasional travel to client meetings/events.
3 core areas: Content Development, Client Interaction, & Sales Support
Content Development (Majority of time spent here)
- Consult with clients & subject matter experts inside & outside company to shape design & content development
- Research, learn, & distill complex scientific information; client strategy & sales/marketing & messaging. Create accessible & relatable training materials for target audience…Craft realistic dialogue for sales/marketing–objection handling–related content/scenarios
- Certify other Medical Writer’s work (internal and/or freelance)
- Incorporate sound instructional design
- Follow company & client editorial standards
- Adhere to client processes & requirements; medical, legal, & regulatory standards
- Attend status calls & review meetings with client teams with members from Sales, Marketing, Medical, Legal, & Regulatory departments
- Support team & client during calls (eg, ask & answer questions, provide clarification, provide solutions/options, etc. as needed)
- Contribute to development of company’s solution design
- Create content outlines, scope estimates, etc
- Participate in development & delivery of sales presentations. Help to build sales presentation PowerPoint. Participate in live sales presentations…provide brief introduction & description of role & present several PowerPoint slides related to curriculum elements/content
To Apply: Forward your resume, work samples, and answers to our questions from the link https://www.lhazan.com/qa/ to Falguni Shah at firstname.lastname@example.org. Refer to “Director/Associate Director, Scientific Services” in the header. Lhazan.com