Marketing & Communications-Global Not for Profit-Chicago Area
Director of Marketing & Communications
Ref # 801
Are you an experienced marketing & communications leader who wants to make a difference in the global community? Passionate about using your combined talents to integrate marketing, branding, PR & social media? Are you a change agent who leverages relationship and influencer abilities to increase buy in & participation? Record of successes in your professional career?
Global not for profit with Chicago area offices seeks experienced Director of Marketing & Communications to oversee global marketing strategy for internal & external audiences. Will also develop & promote its brand.
Develop, implement & evaluate marketing, PR & social media programs; manage 30 person team of communication pros.
Lead & drive marketing communications’ innovations for humanitarian service organization. Report to: Chief Communications Officer. Local talent, please.
Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- 15+ years’ marketing experience required, including 8 years in PR and/or marketing communications, and 5+ years overseeing social media programs.
- 10 years of management experience required.
- Experience communicating to global audiences. Prefer experience in non-profit or association.
- Able to speak multiple languages preferred, but not required. Non-English language skills or cross-cultural experience highly desired. Understanding of worldwide political, economic & social considerations prevalent in world community, preferred.
- Strong track record of brand building plus successful & measurable integrated marketing programs. Able to develop & implement PR plans, including media relations, internal/external communications, required. Strong connections within international & national news media desired.
- Must have strong understanding of digital & social media tools, including email campaigns, paid media & their roles in marketing & PR.
- Experience using market research & focus groups to segment target audiences, develop & implement marketing plans and/or products.
- Able to analyze digital & traditional marketing campaigns.
- Understanding of video & print production processes.
- Experience leading cause-marketing campaigns; creating & placing PSA or advertising campaigns
- Able to manage large staff & budgets required.
- Microsoft Office required.
- Experience leading both internal & external resources.
- Experience in developing & presenting executive level status reports.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Team builder who engages & motivates team members.
- Big picture thinker when integrating different communication channels. Able to work collaboratively with colleagues.
- Balances solutions against economic, technical, & human factors.
- Innovative thinking, flexible & change oriented.
- Shows initiative, enthusiasm, and persuasiveness.
- Translates “how we’re doing” data into “how we can make it better”.
- Clearly and confidently communicates to executive management, senior leadership, project stakeholders, & technical staff
- Understands creative & effective storytelling; how to execute in print & digital space – using video, photo & written word.
- Communicates effectively across diverse cultures & nations.
- Represents audience’s point of view in design & communications.
- Articulates information & opinions in factual manner, debates openly, & takes action.
- Organizes large volumes of information into intuitive & easy-to-navigate groupings.
- Work with executive leadership & Foundation to develop integrated marketing programs to support organization’s goals, including: programs, tools, events & membership; humanitarian & educational activities, fundraising, cause marketing & corporate partnerships. Present at public events, Board presentations etc.
- Drive & analyze long-term marketing, PR, social media & internal/ external relations strategies to ensure mission compatibility.
- Conduct & use market research & focus groups to identify trends. Segment target markets, develop & execute marketing plans.
- Oversee proactive media outreach to national & international print, broadcast & Internet outlets. Counsel CCO on story development.
- Support efforts to develop strong global brand. Oversee key elements to implement brand repositioning. Coordinate internal marketing to align with brand strategy.
- Manage strategy & execution of Global Image campaign: paid & donated portions: PSA creation & media donation; paid media strategy/plan/execution.
- Oversee & implement social media strategy across divisions.
- Oversee participation in thought leadership opportunities, including World Economic Forum, Davos etc.
- Lead efforts to gather, chronicle & communicate about organization’s rich history.
- Identify & implement tools to measure marketing, PR/ social media. Share quarterly results with leadership.
- Develop personnel & operational budgets for group.
- Identify, evaluate & maintain relationships with agencies & vendors.
- Supervise marketing, public relations & social media staff.
- Work with headquarter’s staff & indirectly with project team members located in 8 international offices. Oversee project team members globally; may include consultants, interns, & contract staff.
To apply, please forward your resume and samples, along with the answers to the 10 questions from https://lhazan.com/qa/ to Director@lhazan.com. Your follow up call to 312-863-5401 will help separate you from your competition.
www.lhazan.com. Lynn Hazan & Associates.