Director of Marketing – Membership – Based Company – Chicago
Director of Marketing
Are you a marketing leader who likes to create and execute marketing campaigns to promote events and products? Do you understand the nuances of marketing for member-based organization? Are you a pro at creating campaigns across various channels? Like to use technology to drive response rates (marketing automation)?
Private-equity owned company that helps entrepreneurs achieve financial success seeks Director of Marketing for Chicago headquarters near O’Hare Airport. Membership-based company provides content, workshops and seminars to help owners accelerate their business growth. Director of Marketing will develop and implement marketing plans to acquire, convert, engage and retain membership. This is a classic marketing position. Local candidates only.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing Business, Communications or related field.
- Experience in membership-based organizations and/or working with small business owners is a plus
- Well versed in direct response marketing principles
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills with ability to prioritize manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Thrives in culture where professional satisfaction comes from creating “structure from chaos”
- Clear leadership talents
- Natural propensity toward detail orientation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical mind coupled with thirst for measuring results as stimuli for refined future action
- Experience with marketing automation software (Marketo, Infusionsoft, etc.) very helpful. If candidate lacks this experience, will learn on the job and use on daily basis.
- Lead development and execution of annual marketing plan for cross-company initiatives (product promotions, events, members in coaching groups, etc. )
- Oversee coordination of communication to members and non-members via numerous channels of delivery (emails, direct mail, blog posts, website, sales letters, event and production promotions, etc.)
- Strategize and implement member and non-member purchase funnels via marketing automation tools
- Primary liaison and contact person for the top 100 most elite members who participate in coaching programs through the year (mostly Q&A as needed)
Percent of Time:
25% Develop marketing plans for products and campaigns
50% Participate in and influence others to produce programs (production manager, graphics, copywriters, marketing assistant); develop pricing strategies
25% Hands on marketing automation to build funnel for sales and marketing