Director of Operations-Revised Specs
Cemetery Service Industry
Ref: # 886
Chicagoland — Near West Suburbs
Are you seeking a new career track where you can make a difference in people’s lives, have a steady and stable career, make contributions to the community and take advantage of continuous learning? Want to make an impact for the next generations of customers? Curious about the cemetery business? It’s not what you may think. Here is your chance to re-invent yourself and career. Knowledge of Jewish traditions is a plus.
Assist Executive Director and management team in all aspects of management and operations. Work directly with staff and customers. Oversee overall management, health and condition of the property. Promote the business and its many services to existing and prospective targeted clientele, as well as broader community via available advertising channels. This exciting position encompasses a variety of new and varied daily work situations.
SPECIFIC JOB SKILLS:
- Superior interpersonal and supervisory skills
- Leadership role in service and teamwork oriented environment.
- Able to make decisions, exercise discretion and independent judgment. Solve multiple problems simultaneously to ensure smooth-running business operations.
- Excellent verbal (including oral presentation) and written communication skills
- Creative, yet accurate and detail-oriented.
- Comfortable working with computers and spreadsheets.
- Able to understand basic financial statements and accounting data.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential functions/major responsibilities listed below are intended as illustrations of various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position. Duties and responsibilities are subject to change by employer as needs of job change.
Coordinate and/or conduct personnel management including but not limited to: scheduling, directing, evaluation and supervising various staff including sales and 11 person office staff and grounds staff, (ranging from 6-30).
- Take the lead to communicate regularly with Management Team and other personnel to exchange information, develop strategies, new products, services and resolve issues.
- Develop and implement plans to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and profitability of operations.
- Meet with families, patrons, suppliers, other business owners and religious leaders, whenever necessary to solve outstanding issues. Establish and/or maintain critical relationships.
- Available to work some Sundays during the Spring, Summer and Fall seasons.
- Available to respond to 24-hour emergency calls from police/fire departments, & alarm company.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
College degree. Plus 5+ years of business experience in management, accounting, sales or administrative position. Will also consider prior experience in operations, property management and/or communal service.
Valid driver’s license needed.
Primarily an office and management position. At times, employee required to walk nimbly throughout the property. Additionally, at times there are items that might require lifting and/or moving that might weigh up to 20 pounds.
Work is performed both indoors and outdoors, under continual, tight deadlines. Work may be performed under unfavorable and/or harsh weather conditions.
Physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of physical capabilities that must be met by employee and the working conditions that employee encounters while performing this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. Employee is often required to travel to nearby Chicagoland. Employee is needed to be available on-call in case of emergency.
Send resume with answers to the 10 questions from this link https://lhazan.com/qa/ to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Director of Cemetery Operations” in the subject line. A follow up call to 312-863-5401 would be appreciated.