Diversity Communications Manager-New!
Global Law Firm
Chicago or New York
Ref # 965
Are you committed to diversity communications as your core competencies? Do you have 5 years’ experience in PR, communications, journalism, or research? Passion for raising & promoting diversity, equity, & inclusion (DE&I) priorities? Background from law firm, corporate PR, or corporate communications? Enjoy developing marketing materials? Have strong written & oral communication skills? Experienced in program marketing, or office technology applications? Work well under pressure, have strong/analytical, problem solving and multi-tasking skills? Global law firm will hire for Chicago or New York office. Candidate will work on firm-wide diversity team. Candidate must have received Covid vaccines. Candidates will work on firm-wide diversity team. Candidates must have received COVID-19 vaccines. After 90 day review period, will have option to work from home 2 days/week.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years’ work experience in PR, journalism, communications, social science research, or other related experience
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Skilled program marketing/ communications strategist
- Dynamic and organized project manager
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, and cross-cultural education
- Familiar with office technology i.e., Microsoft Office Suite (required) Outlook, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Excel. Relevant CRM and other databases experience a plus
- Knowledge of social media and website platforms
- Juris Doctorate
- Corporate public relations/ communications experience in a law firm
- Work experience in collaborating on projects
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good judgment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to work harmoniously and effectively with others
- Able to preserve confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities
Job Description: Manager, Diversity Communications
Recommend & execute innovative communications strategies to improve firm’s profile & promote DE&I priorities, initiatives & programs across all levels, including high-level coordination of internal/external communications that relate to firm’s DE&I priorities, initiatives & programs.
- Develop firmwide communications strategy to raise internal/ external awareness of, & engagement with Firm’s DE&I priorities, initiatives, & programs.
- Manage on ongoing basis: quarterly internal firmwide newsletter & annual Year In Review concerning Firm’s DE&I initiatives. Keep all parts of Firm informed of important DE&I-related efforts, events, programs & achievements.
- Draft & assist in completing ranking/award nominations.
- Serve as contact person between Diversity & Inclusion & Marketing Departments to better leverage firm’s resources, including frequent communication with Firm’s Director of US Marketing Programs to best position Firm’s DE&I’s efforts to audiences.
- Liaise with Firm’s Digital Communications team to provide clear objectives & timely deliverables for internal/ external communications & DE&I- related promotion.
- Manage & continually update narrative, photographic, & video content of Firm’s web/ intranet pages relating to DE&I efforts, including:
- Create DE&I media list. Develop pitches & content for relevant stories & op-eds.
- Develop ongoing communication strategies to support DE&I- related posts for Firm’s outward-facing social media accounts; manage content of internal social networks for lawyers.
- Develop plan & process to highlight, internally/externally, accomplishments of individual lawyers of diverse backgrounds & firm’s women lawyers.
- Regularly research social science concerning various aspects of DE&I in legal & similar professions, to support work of Diversity & Inclusion Dept, Diversity & Inclusion Committee, & Committee on Retention/ Promotion of Women.
- Research & collect historic/current information regarding firm’s DE&I- related efforts, “firsts,” programs & achievements.
- Prepare & distribute internal communications regarding firm’s DE&I priorities, initiatives, & programs, including ongoing maintenance of Diversity & Inclusion homepage (internal portal/dashboard) & diversity program calendars, as appropriate.
- Liaise with external organizations to draft & coordinate design process for ads & other DE&I- related collateral materials.
- With Chief Diversity Officer, develop talking points & other materials to support DE&I- related client meetings & partner speeches.
- Support work of other Diversity & Inclusion Department staff, as needed, including staffing internal & external diversity programs.
Refer to “Diversity Communications Manager-Law Firm” in the header.