~ Former LH&A intern
- United States
- Czech Republic
- South Africa
Our internship program is unique in that we share knowledge: we teach and learn from each other. Lynn Hazan & Associates has an ongoing need for interns. Flexible hours; can receive college credit. Work side-by-side with president: staff and other interns in an energetic environment. A definite career builder for a student or new grad interested in marketing, communications, human resources or recruiting. Previous interns have graduated to careers with major corporations, agencies, nonprofits and entrepreneurial businesses. Interns can work from home, in-office, or a combination of both.
Must be well-organized and eager to learn, with excellent oral and written communication skills. Computer skills are also necessary; must bring laptop.
- Maintain corporate website using WordPress (opportunity to learn if not already familiar)
- Write and create weekly blogs and email campaigns via Constant Contact and share with subscribers via website, Yahoo groups and other channels. Track results
- Collect and update useful resources for job seekers
- Create content and infographics for presentations
- Source qualified candidates for openings through LinkedIn
- Write job specs and post openings on websites, LinkedIn Groups and other channels
- Research companies for new business development
- Volunteer for industry events, including BMA, Innovation Chicago and Here’s Chicago
- Create content and monitor social media activities on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Get the inside view of marketing, social media and communications, advertising and PR.
- Learn how to perfect your resume and LinkedIn profile
- Create content and samples for your portfolio
- Perfect your interviewing skills through hands-on experience
- Exposure to professional associations and clients, when possible