Hybrid, 2 days a week at their downtown Chicago location.
Do you enjoy working closely with doctors & physicians? Able to support administrative, governmental affairs, governance & communications activities? Want to coordinate outreach programs on behalf of President & Officers? Thrive in fast-paced environment while being highly detail oriented, with strong project management skills? Maintain high professional standards of excellence?
Director, Admin, Planning & Outreach will work closely with Chief Operating & Administrative Officers. Will serve as primary liaison for various sections. Help develop positive public image & provide support to Communications division. Provide staffing for services for president and president-elect. Strong writer.
Will consider candidates for Sr. Manager Admin, Planning & Outreach role based on relevant experience.
Reports to: Chief Administrative Officer & Vice President, Communications.
Medical Association offers competitive salary and excellent benefits. Flexible work schedule at the office, currently one-day a week onsite. Long time client of LH&A.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Master’s degree or equivalent is a plus.
- 5-10+ years’ experience at nonprofit association highly desired. Healthcare or medical-insurance related experience would be ideal.
- Commitment to continuous improvement and eager to take initiative.
- Experience working directly with senior leadership – Board Of Directors, President, President-elect, etc.
- Governance – relationship building with BOD, governance activities, policy research, legislative priorities, etc.
- Excellent: Communications & exceptionally strong writing skills, including editing & content development.
- Strong organizational, human relations & administrative skills.
- Professional, tactful demeanor, flexible, energetic, service-oriented individual. Able to work with wide variety of personalities.
- Self-motivated. Enjoys working independently & as part of a team in collaborative environment.
- Thrives in handling multiple projects simultaneously; works behind the scenes in fast-paced environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Breakdown of time spent:
33% – Governance
33% – Outreach
33% – Content development, publications, advocacy, projects, manage staff, budgets
5% – Travel (fewer than 8 times a year)
- Coordinate & participate in various governmental affairs & communications projects as directed by Chief Administrative Officer; in collaboration with other pertinent divisions.
- Develop & coordinate educational programming & all related aspects for Annual Meeting – including minutes, script writing, quarterly reports, technology planning and program implementation, as assigned.
- Manage president’s and officers’ outreach program, including developing remarks, briefings, talking points, etc.
- Write quarterly reports for Board meetings providing updates on organization initiatives & leadership updates.
- Manage research and implementation of policies adopted at Board Meetings & Annual Meeting.
- Assist Communications, Health Policy Research & Advocacy divisions to plan & execute communications efforts related to advocacy.
- Serve as needed as editorial review resource for publications.
- Supervise Outreach Manager who provides ongoing support for presidents’ and officers’ outreach program & other projects in Communications division.
- Assist with tracking, maintenance & quality control for policy database & current/historical actions’ archive. Assist with tracking & web posting of Annual Meeting & Board related follow-ups, as directed.
- Take minutes at quarterly Board of Trustees meetings, & draft Board minutes & reports as assigned.
- Assist in building presence on key priority issues. Help to develop/implement proactive campaign plans for external visibility on key issues.
- Write edit & proofread governmental affairs/communications & health policy resource materials on key issues, including newsletter items, leadership columns, white papers, etc.
- Staff leadership for 3 sections: International Medical Graduate; Resident & Fellow; & Medical Student.
- Draft/edit physician correspondence/talking points, speeches, etc.
- Additional duties & responsibilities as required.
- Assist with budget development for Communications division
Covid vaccination policy: Required to submit proof of Covid vaccination
Please send your resume, writing samples & answers to the questions from www.lhazan.com/qa/ to Lynn at email@example.com, Lynn Hazan & Associates. Please refer to: Director, Admin Planning & Outreach- Medical Association- Ref # 992 in the header