Insurance Company/Professional Association
On-site & Hybrid- Downtown Chicago
Do you have 5-7 years of experience in meeting planning, hospitality or association management? Committed to excellence & building professional relationships? Like to facilitate on & off-site meetings/events, including personal travel arrangements for executives? Trusted advisor for culinary experiences with service-oriented approach? Enjoy catering events? Able to manage budgets/contracts with vendors? Enjoy communicating with Board Members & executives? Detail oriented? Live in Chicago area? Immediate hire.
Director, Travel & Events will manage Companies’ travel/ event planning; will assure execution of all on & off-site meetings, events/travel related activities. September-June is the busiest time of the year.
Reports to Vice President, Management Services
Insurance Co./Prof. Association offer excellent benefits & ample growth opportunities. Hybrid position. 3 days/week in office. Hours: 8:30-4:45 pm.
- 5-7 years of experience in meeting planning, hospitality management or association management.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in related fields.
- Microsoft Office experience
- Demonstrated organizational skills. Excellent attention to detail.
- Highly professional. Service-oriented;
- Able to deal with variety of personalities.
- Diplomatic, friendly, kind; high standards of excellence.
- Able to multitask & handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Enjoys building strong relations with colleagues, executive staff & vendors.
- Resourceful. Always has a “Plan B” ready for any situation.
- Strong appreciation of food. Trusted advisor for culinary experiences.
- Knowledge of different restaurants, venues, etc. Stays updated.
- Extremely polite, diplomatic, and patient.
- Becomes point-person for all events. Gets to know everyone better.
- Works well under pressure and strict deadlines.
- Has valid driver’s license and passport.
- Occasional travel as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate execution of all travel arrangements for the Companies. Serve as liaison between management & staff to determine needs, requirements & coordination of travel arrangements.
- Organize personal travel plans for executives, as necessary.
- Facilitate all on & off-site meetings and events. Work with management & staff to determine needs, requirements & coordinate arrangements. Oversee creation & shipping of materials. Assist appropriate staff as needed for off-site events & conferences.
- Communicate, coordinate & contract with staff & outside entities, includes board members & professional associations, to prep for meetings & travel
- Build trusted partnerships both inside the Companies & externally. Anticipate needs, act proactively, think strategically & meet deadlines.
- Conduct due diligence to source, negotiate & contract with vendors such as hotels, audio visual companies, restaurants, transportation companies & other vendors throughout U.S.
- Oversee & manage outside meeting & travel vendors.
- Create budget for each meeting/event & monitor budget(s)
- Create Final Meeting Spend report for each meeting.
- Coordinate monthly reconciliation of meeting & travel budget, credit card meeting & travel expenses for Finance.
- Establish & maintain policies, procedures & guidelines for off-site meetings, travel arrangements & on-site meetings including catering.
- Assist with prep of annual division budget, as appropriate to scope of responsibilities.
- Assist other divisions with projected & estimated meeting/ travel costs to prep for annual budget.
- Cross train other Management Services’ employees to provide backup services for on & off-site meetings & travel.
- Supervise catering vendor staff who work in Chicago Headquarters.
- Provide superior service in all areas of responsibility.
- Additional duties & responsibilities as required.
- All employees & divisions of the Companies.
- Committees: Underwriting, Risk Management, Claims.
- Board members
- Third Party societies/ organizations
- Third-party vendors involved in meeting/ travel
Please send your resume, writing samples & answers to the questions from https://lhazan.com/candidate-services/qa to Lynn at email@example.com or Falguni Shah at Falguni@lhazan.com. Please refer to: Director, Travel & Events – Insurance Co./Prof. Association, Ref #1005 in the header.