Lead Medical Writer (Princeton, NJ) (equiv. to Dir/Sr. Dir)
Global Medical Communication Agency
Princeton, New Jersey
Are you an experienced Medical Writer? Able to communicate science in a concise, accurate and creative manner to healthcare professionals, sales/pharma reps? Have you been a hands-on medical writer in a client facing agency role? Do you work well in a team environment and can supervise junior writers? Want to join a fast growing organization that provides ample opportunity for growth? Can work remotely 2 days a week. Local talent please.
Privately owned company with global offices… Family feel and employee centric. Experienced Medical Writer will lead Princeton team in wide range of therapeutic areas (oncology, neuroscience). Collaborative environment, free of titles. Company invests in and values its employees. Excellent benefits (generous vacation schedule, healthcare, dental, maternity leave, time off, etc). Flexible schedule (work 3 days at office). Competitive salary with individual performance and global profit sharing bonuses. Some travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biological Science or similar required. Advanced Degrees preferred (MS, PhD, PharmD).
- 5+ years medical writing experience, including 2+ years at medical communication agency, working closely with clients. Writing test will be part of the application process.
- Self motivated & entrepreneurial thinking.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to factual detail and accuracy.
- Able to produce quality work within set timelines & budgets.
- Outstanding organizational and account management skills.
- Able to communicate effectively in team setting.
- Desire to work within a culturally diverse business.
- Valid working papers for US.
70 % write content
- Lead, coordinate and produce accurate, captivating content on behalf of clients within agreed timelines and budgets; proactively manage workload.
30 % client services, supervision, review work
- Take responsibility for content developed by writers on the account team; Ensure scientific accuracy, technical quality and consistency through effective briefing, reviewing and feedback.
- Mentor and coach team members.
- Build positive relationships with clients and clinical experts.
- Gain in-depth understanding of product and competitive data. Keep abreast of scientific developments in relevant therapy areas.
- Provide scientific input and strategic insight to clients and internal account teams.
Content deliverables include: journal articles, publications for scientific congresses/events, slide decks, learning materials, virtual learning modules, i-pad apps, digital + medical education materials. Also create content for healthcare sales reps and internal communications for pharma company employees.
To apply: Please forward your resume, samples and answers to the 10 questions from this link https://lhazan.com/qa/ to Lynn@lhazan.com