Global Law Firm- Chicago or Los Angeles
Ref. #986, #987
Like working in the legal field where tech & law intersect? Interested in working for leading global law firm in Chicago or Los Angeles? Have 5+ years’ experience, ideally in legal settings? Enjoy providing litigation support? Want to work with dynamic & growing team? Proficient in Law, Relativity & NUIX (litigation support tech)? Able to work with little training? Possess litigation processing & support experience?
Hours: 9am-5pm. Must be available to work on call. Remote: 1 day/week (in office preferred) Requires 90 day acclimation period before eligible.
Litigation Support Analyst will have daily exposure to Law, Relativity, & develop understanding of process within litigation support. Candidate will assist in loading data into Relativity, doing Relativity updates, resolving tickets for data management, & NUIX processing software maintenance.
Covid Vaccination Policy: Chicago employees required to submit their vaccination cards for records. No testing required for those not fully vaccinated. Masking is optional for everyone.
- Bachelor’s degree in CMIS, CS or Engineering, related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of litigation support technology including database applications (Relativity, Concordance, IPRO, Summation), e-discovery processing applications (LAW PreDiscovery, Nuix, eCapture), forensic collection applications (FTK, Encase), database applications (MS Access, SQL), text editors & directory comparison tools.
- 5+ Years’ experience in legal or tech settings.
- Work experience at large law firm or litigation support vendor.
- Working knowledge of internet based ASPs, Extranets, document repositories, network & operating system concepts & applications.
- Good organizational skills & can multi-task.
- Able to work independently or as part of cross functional team in production environment.
- Knowledge of litigation process, from initial filing through trial, for effective communication with Project Managers & legal teams.
- Good problem solving ability, verbal/written communication skills, work under strict deadlines in legal environment. Able to interact with all levels of staff & attorneys.
- Certifications such as Relativity Certified Administrator, Certified Computer Examiner, or MCSE.
- Scripting experience with database & spreadsheet applications: MS Access, SQL, MS Excel.
- Experience coordinating vendor contracts & projects.
- Support of trial, arbitration & mediation technology requirements.
Successful Candidate: Other Skills & Abilities:
- Strong organizational skills & attention to detail
- Good judgment
- Strong interpersonal communication, analytical & problem-solving skills
- Able to work harmoniously & effectively with others
- Self-starter who desires to show ownership & commitment to the job
- Able to preserve confidentiality & exercise discretion
- Proofreads accurately
- Creative problem solving skills. Able & willing to apply those skills to assist in facilitating technical solutions to legal teams during litigation cycle.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrator level support for litigation support applications & hardware. Able to recommend, develop, maintain & troubleshoot databases & other litigation support software applications.
- Coordinates with Litigation Support Operations Manager & Project Managers to develop solutions for complex discovery management issues.
- Load & manipulate data to/from litigation support software applications, perform data normalization, global edits, overlay or merge data into existing records, index databases, & build document productions.
- Quality check data & image files using litigation support applications such as Relativity or other data analysis software.
- Create, maintain & troubleshoot litigation support software applications, databases & networks.
- Coordinate with Litigation Support Operations Manager to establish best practices for litigation support activities & workflows.
- Assist Litigation Support Operations Manager to develop internal project plans & requests for proposals. Coordinate timeframes & deliverables for Litigation Support Operations projects.
- Assist Litigation Support Operations Manager & Project Managers with automated litigation support services, research new & emerging litigation support & case management technologies.
- Practice Quality Assurance & perform Quality control measures on all processes.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Flexible to work overtime as required.
Standard Schedule: 9:00 am-5:00 pm with OT.
- Work On Call one weekend (Sat & Sun) every 6 weeks
- Run Inbox from 11:00 am-7:00 pm
- Rotate weekday schedule: 1-2 days/week after hours every other week
Please send your resume & answers to the questions from www.lhazan.com/qa/ to Lynn Hazan, Lynn Hazan & Associates– email@example.com. Please refer to “Litigation Support Analyst- Chicago or LA: Ref # 986, #987- Global Law Firm” in the header.