Marketing Director – Art Gallery – NEW!
Do you have well developed marketing & digital experience? Are you passionate about art? Do you have extensive tech skills? Do you live in the Chicago area? Join the team at this Chicago Gallery! Marketing Director plays pivotal role to develop and execute strategies to engage and expand gallery’s key audiences. This position is both strategic and hands on. Objective is to raise space’s profile as a leader in presenting socially-engaged art and architecture. Client is equal opportunity employer with progressive, LGBTQ friendly environment. Opportunity to create your own job!
- Knowledge and experience in traditional marketing.
- 15+ years’ Marketing experience, including 3-5 years’ Arts/Performing Arts experience.
- Passion & knowledge for communications, marketing, visual arts, and robust interest in politics (local, national, international).
- Prior experience having worked in startup entrepreneurial environment.
- Must have familiarity with Chicago arts.
- Able to build relationships across diverse constituencies and communities.
- Able to work as both part of a team & independently, think creatively, and take initiative.
- Strong writer, HTML5 and CSS.
- Excellent working knowledge of ad buying in traditional markets and across leading social media channels
- Examples: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube
- Working knowledge of Facebook Ads Manager, Google AdSense, and Google Marketing.
- Must be able to work some Saturdays as needed.
- Preferred but not required:
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop.
- Familiarity with web content management systems.
Report to General Manager. Work closely with colleagues to develop and implement traditional & digital media outreach strategies and campaigns to support institutional goals.
Strategic Leadership & Communications
- Work collaboratively with team and marketing/artistic consultants to develop comprehensive institutional and program marketing strategy.
- Develop annual marketing budget in consultation with other team members; manage expenditures accordingly.
- Develop and implement annual marketing plans/schedules.
- Oversee creation and dissemination of effective messaging and communications to patrons via print, digital, advertising, and ticket sales campaigns.
- Design and execute digital communication strategy, ensuring timely and thoughtful engagement with participants/users.
- Ensure brand consistency for all materials and communications.
- Ensure all media placements, event listing deadlines, and print deadlines are met.
- Coordinate with outside international, national, and local PR firms.
Website & Online Programs Management
- Update company website content.
- Write engaging online copy with emphasis toward storytelling.
- Collaborate with colleagues to facilitate development and delivery of content to all online channels.
- Drive traffic to website by ensuring content is built and tagged consistently with SEO/SEM techniques and best practices, while upholding editorial standards of company’s brand.
- Collaborate with external web development team to produce micro-sites for each exhibition, key programs, and strategic initiatives.
- Visually translate and adapt company’s brand across multiple online channels.
- Adapt written and visual content for appropriate media platforms.
- Crop & manipulate images and digital assets for optimal display, upload speed and resolution requirements.
Audience Development and Marketing Responsibilities
- Work with external graphic designer to create all marketing communications materials, including direct mail, programs, signage, and advertising.
- Oversee all appropriate external resources for photography & videography as needed.
- Design and disseminate all electronic and social media communications (e.g., Wordfly, Facebook, Twitter).
- Direct outreach via e-newsletters and email.
- Manage CRM database in Tessitura, including email list, preference center, and development of marketing initiatives to increase client database.
- Track, measure, and evaluate impact of activities. Demonstrate success in expanding audience size and engagement.
- Use Wordfly to create, develop and send email blasts.
- Work with Tessitura to build triggered email campaigns, such as ticket release reminders, reservation reminders, and follow-up emails.
- Monitor open and click-thru rates.
- Optimize email campaigns as needed.
- Work with other team members to develop ticketing and discount policies.
- Work in a team to design and implement audience data collection methods such as audience surveys.
- Work with colleagues to plan and implement audience engagement activities such as previews, lectures, or other ancillary programming.
Online Analytics Monitoring & Reporting
- Monitor, track, analyze and report online engagement metrics including website and social media analytics.
- Initiate changes to online platforms. Apply web analytics to inform online marketing strategy.
- Technical and Project Management.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Communicate with key stakeholders throughout project lifecycle.
- Execute projects to be high quality, timely and cost-effective within budget.
- Foster timeline development and monitor progress, ensuring deadlines are met.
- Manage internal/external partner expectations, bring issues/concerns to partners’ attention in advance, offer potential solutions and adjust work plans as necessary.
Competitive pay package commensurate with experience & excellent benefits. Free onsite parking.
In an effort to reduce the spread COVID-19, based on CDC guidelines all staff must be fully vaccinated. Masks should cover mouth and nose at all times. All candidates offered a position will be required to provide valid proof of full vaccination status prior to starting employment.
To apply: Please send your resume, samples, and answers to the questions from www.lhazan.com/qa/ to Lynn Hazan – firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to Marketing Director – Art Gallery in the header.