Medical Writer/Sr. Medical Writer – Immediate Hire!

Medical Writer/Sr. Medical Writer – Science of Medicine

Chicago Medical Communication Agency- Combination of virtual and onsite in Chicago

Ref #932

Are you a new PhD with 0-1 year of manuscript writing experience aspiring to be Medical Writer. Or an experienced Sr. Medical Writer with 3-5+ years of relevant publications agency experience? Able to communicate science with integrity in concise & accurate manner to variety of target audiences? Work well in team & collaborative environment? Want to join agency that provides growth opportunities? Local talent preferred. Will provide relocation support to out of town candidate. Position is a combination of virtual and onsite in downtown Chicago.

Our Client:

Privately owned agency with global clients in pharma and biotech.  Medical Writer/Sr. Medical Writer will work with Chicago team in wide range of therapeutic areas (oncology, CNS, dermatology, immunology, GI, infectious diseases, ortho, urology, women’s health, etc.). Collaborative environment. Company provides services in publication planning & management, scientific & regulatory writing, CME, etc.

Excellent benefits with generous vacation days. Salary + incentive compensation based on individual & company performance.

Ideal candidate is U.S. citizen or Green Card holder.

Qualifications:

  • Degree in Biological Sciences required. Advanced degrees preferred (MS, PhD, PharmD).
  • Experience writing manuscripts, abstracts, posters, slide decks is a must.
  • 0-1 year of manuscript writing experience for the Medical Writer position.
  • 3-5+ years of hands-on publication writing experience from an agency for the senior writer. 
  • Writing test will be part of the application process.
  • Self motivated & entrepreneurial thinking.
  • Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint.
  • Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
  • Attention to factual detail and accuracy.
  • Able to produce quality work within set timelines & budgets.
  • Outstanding organizational skills.
  • Able to communicate effectively in team setting.
  • Desire to work within  culturally diverse business.

Responsibilities:

  • Research, coordinate & produce accurate, captivating content on behalf of clients within agreed timelines & budgets; proactively manage workload.
  • Ensure scientific accuracy, technical quality & consistency through effective briefing, reviews & feedback.
  • 95% of time will be spent writing manuscripts, posters, abstracts, and slide presentations.  The other 5% is spent on team meetings and administrative tasks.
  • Usually 4-5 projects at a time with different lead times.
  • Would be part of a team, overseen by an Account Director, and would collaborate with other writers, graphics and librarian/information specialist as needed.
  • Build positive relationships with staff & clinical experts.
  • Gain in-depth understanding of product & competitive data. Keep abreast of scientific developments in relevant therapy areas.

Content deliverables include: Abstracts, posters, oral presentations, manuscripts, slide decks, MSL & sales training manuals, educational literature, FDA & EMA submission briefing documents, dossiers, white papers, etc.  Currently, most of their work is writing Manuscripts.

To apply: Please forward your resume, writing samples and answers to the questions from this link https://lhazan.com/qa/ to Lynn@lhazan.com with the header “Medical Writer” or “Sr. Medical Writer”

www.lhazan.com