Medical Writer – Immediate Hire!
Medical Communication Agency
Our client keeps winning new business! Join this dynamic team of Medical Writers who work with top pharma clients. Work in team-based environment with PhDs/MDs. See results of your work. Combine your writing talent with creative output.
Medical Writer or aspirational Medical Writer needed to simplify medical science. Translate medical concepts into marketing/sales language. Does your content inform and educate within a variety of therapeutic areas? Do you have strong abilities to liaise with medical directors directly? Able to collaborate in deadline-oriented business setting? Want to join growing medical communications agency in Chicago? Do you live in the Chicago area? Local talent please. Client wants to hire ASAP!
Growing Chicago medical communication agency seeks Medical Writer. Ideal candidate able to analyze, interpret, & communicate scientific information in simple yet educational way for variety of audiences. Work on projects from concept through completion with team of dedicated staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science; Advanced degree preferred (MS, PhD, etc).
- 1-3, 3-5+ years’ medical writing/editing/research experience. Must have writing samples.
- Experience from lab, medical ad agency, teaching environment or health care related company are pluses.
- Proficiency in Windows, Word, PowerPoint.
- Experience in the medical/health care industry.
- Able to concisely & accurately communicate scientific info to variety of audiences.
- Excellent grammatical, editorial, & proofreading skills.
- Attention to factual detail & accuracy.
- Outstanding organizational & project management skills.
- Able to communicate effectively in team setting.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving skills, tech savvy.
- Capacity to manage time effectively.
- Proven leadership qualities & contributions.
- Ability to build & maintain client relationships.
- Eager & highly motivated.
70% background research & referencing
30% write content. Percentage of time can shift, depending on prior experience & writing abilities.
- Assist in creating scientific communications to inform & educate within therapeutic areas, including cardio, women’s health, CNS, GI, respiratory, & dermatology.
- Work closely with Account management staff, medical writers/directors & graphic designers. Very strong team approach throughout entire process, from concept to completion, internally & with clients.
- Act as direct liaison with medical directors to develop strategic medical communications.
- Create training materials for e-learning & sales reps: simplify science of medicine into marketing language for i-pads, video, training materials, mini “textbooks”.
- Conduct literature searches & reviews using various database sources
- Understand & interpret scientific literature.
- Write & develop educational content to maintain accurate medical & editorial content.
- Opportunity for job growth- depending on expertise; will add more writing assignments.
To apply: Please forward your resume, samples and answers to the questions from this link https://lhazan.com/qa/ to Lynn@lhazan.com