“Oh, shine on, shine on harvest moon, up in the sky.” —Words by Jack Norworth.
We’re shining the light on a new job…Communications & PR Manager for healthcare client in the no. suburbs of Chicago. See all of our new updates as well.
Thanks to Lei Sun for sharing this amazing picture of the moon’s eclipse.
Table of Contents:
A. New Job Opening – Communications & Media Relations Manager
B. Ongoing Job Openings – Public Affairs, Advertising Agency, Internship
C. Events/ Conferences
October 8- BMA Chicago… Marketing Leaders Luncheon Series: Andy Bosman, Principal, McGladrey
October 15- De-mystifying Careers in Marketing and Communications | October 15, 2015 – 4:00pm-6:00pm
D. Free Webinars –
1. Conduct a Proactive vs. Reactive Job Search Friday, Oct. 2
2. Handle Red Flags on Your Resume Wednesday, Oct. 7
3. How to write a winning resume and cover letter Tuesday, Oct. 13
4. Re-THINK! Building Your Self-Confidence for a Successful Job Search Friday, Oct. 21
5. What Are Your Career Options Friday, Oct 30
E. Article – 3 Ways Reading Boosts Your Business
A. New Job Opening
1. Mgr – Communications & Media Relations – Healthcare – No. Suburbs – Chicago
Are you an experienced communications, PR and Marcom pro? Have 7+ years of media relations, marketing content development and internal communications experience, including 4+ years in health care? Are you able to plan and develop content for internal/external audiences utilizing digital and traditional channels?
B. Ongoing searches – Job Openings
1. VP Client Services- PR Agency- Public Affairs- Chicago
Are you a public policy/issues management guru? Have in-depth experience with Chicago/IL media? Have 10+ years of PR agency experience? Enjoy supervising and mentoring staff? Want to be the #2 person in an award winning agency? Strong writer with a passion for editing? Are you process orientated? Are you good at building relationships with clients? Our Chicago client is hiring local talent… Send us your best work, resume, and answers to the ten questions.
2. VP of Client Relations – Digital Consumer Ad Agency- Chicago suburbs
Are you an outstanding client service account management professional with consumer ad agency experience? Do you excel at creating marketing strategies and digital campaigns? Do you like to supervise staff and build processes? Have 8-10+ years of increasingly responsible client service experience? Have advanced understanding of latest digital and off-line tools and strategies to reach and convert prospects into customers? Ready to be part of senior management team? Then send us your resume and answers to the ten questions.
3. Intern- Executive Search Firm- Downtown Chicago
Want an inside look on Communications and Marketing? Eager to learn how to get hired at top-tier companies/agencies? Want to develop your writing and phone skills? Curious how businesses evaluate and hire talent? Participate in Lynn Hazan & Associates’ acclaimed internship program. Candidates will learn how to: perfect resume and interviewing skills, create portfolio samples, network within professional associations, develop personal brand, and learn about the business world of executive recruiting. Can use internship for school or life credit.
C. Events/ Conferences
1. BMA Chicago-
October 8- Marketing leaders Luncheon Series: Andy Bosman, Principal, McGladrey
2. De-mystifying Careers in Marketing and Communications
October 15, 2015 – 4:00pm-6:00pm
DePaul University’s Downtown campus: 1 E. Jackson, Chicago, IL, 60604
Presenters include representatives from Google, Valspar, Lapiz [Leo Burnett], Northwestern Mutual, Chicago Cubs, and Digitas.
Lynn Hazan will facilitate a round table discussion on Career in Marketing & Communications.
Open to DePaul Students & Alumni. Free pizza.
Click Here to Register!
D. Free Webinars
1. Conduct a Proactive vs. Reactive Job Search
Friday, Oct. 2nd @ 11:00 am EST (8:00 am PST, 9:00 am MST, 10:00 am CST)
This Webinar was created for anyone who feels you are at the mercy of “others” when it comes to a successful job search. Topics we will cover include:
- How to uncover unadvertised jobs
- Proactive vs. Reactive Activities
- What must become part of your Job Search efforts
2. Handle Red Flags on Your Resume
Wednesday, Oct. 7th @ 2:00 pm EST (11:00 am PST, 12:00 pm MST, 1:00 pm CST)
There is NO perfect job history or resume. However, the success or failure of your job search often depends on how well you handle your red flags! This session will address all of the following:
- Most common Red Flags on Resumes or CV
- How to effectively address your Red Flags
- Why Red Flags can actually HELP your job search
3. How to write a winning resume and cover letter
Tuesday, October 13th @ 11:00 am EST (8:00 am PST, 9:00 am MST,10:00 am CST)
While there is plenty of advice out there on how to stand out in the job hunt, nothing beats having a strong resume and cover letter. When done correctly, these documents can showcase your personality and skills while highlighting what you can offer a potential employer. This webinar will address what a strong resume and cover letter looks like and will help participants get the attention of a hiring authority.
4. Re-THINK! Building Your Self-Confidence for a Successful Job Search
Wednesday, October 21st @12:00 pm EST (9:00 am PST, 10:00 am MST, 11:00 am CST))
Here is an opportunity to get beyond the years of worry and concern about being “good enough”. This is about having the inner-strength to know what you want and to go after it confidently. Self-confidence impacts your job search as well as your happiness in life. Learn how the feeling of “not being enough” is an illusion that impacts millions of people.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Learn the keys to building your self-confidence for success in your job search
- The tools to make lasting changes in your pattern of thinking.
- Shift from “not enough” to truly having self-worth!
- Stop comparing yourself to others!
- Discover how easy you can go from invisible to VISIBLE
- Build and strengthen your attitude – Be a Yes to YOU!
- You can take a deep breath of relief. Say, “Goodbye to the Lack of Self-Confidence”
5. What Are Your Career Options
Friday, October 30th @ 11:00 am EST (8:00 am PST, 9:00 am MST,10:00 am CST)
If you have exhausted your job targets, it could be time to consider a different career or different targets, but where do you start? During this session we will discuss the following:
- New Career Resources
- Job Shadowing Options
- People in the Know
- Realistic Expectations
If you are currently working or can’t participate on the Webinars, please note that all of our training Webinars are recorded and are then posted in the LIBRARY of our Career Portal. Some of the Webinars are also included in the Sixteen Step Process for finding a job. We encourage you to make training topic suggestions of things that you would like our experts to address during these Webinars. Send in your suggestions to www.careersupportnetwork.com and type training topic suggestion in the subject line.
To register for the training, you may login to our Career Portal and click on the Webinar Tab. Then click on the event and register by clicking the webinar registration link for each event listed.
Your Login Information is:
Username: lynn Hazan
Password: (password you selected upon registration)
E. Article – 3 Ways Reading Boosts Your Business
Reading this article was like music to my ears. What do you think? Where are you on the continuum of your reading practice?