Patent Agent- IP (Intellectual Property) Law Firm
Downtown Chicago, IL.
Ref # 927
Are you a certified Patent Agent with 2-5 years of experience in Bacteriology, Biology, Biotechnology, Cellular Biology, Immunology, Microbial Genetics, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Neuroscience, Pharmacology in a legal setting or industry? Have admission to practice before the U.S. Patent & Trademark office? Have a PhD with at least a 3.0 GPA? Enjoy being challenged to work on breakthrough products and inventions?
Want to join a dynamic Chicago firm that is in the top tier of IP law firms? Local talent preferred. Ideal candidate is U.S. citizen or Green Card holder. Will provide some relocation support for out of town talent.
Client specializes in prosecution & litigation in all areas of intellectual property law. Firm litigates nationwide, primarily within federal court system; obtains patents & trademark registrations for its clients in U.S., foreign patent & trademark offices. Growing practice team.
Background: for Biotechnology Practice Group
- Strong academic credentials include Ph.D. in Biotechnology, Molecular Biology or related field (Bacteriology, Biology, Biotechnology, Cellular Biology, Immunology, Microbial Genetics, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Neuroscience, Pharmacology). Must have minimum 3.0 GPA at all levels of education.
- Admission to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (must have)
- 2-5 years’ experience in intellectual property prosecution in a legal environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and exceptional organizational skills. Writing test will be administered on site as part of interview process.
- Able to grasp new technical teachings quickly.
- Able to efficiently review patent and non-patent literature for key concepts.
Responsibilities: Candidate will:
- Interview inventors to learn about new ideas to be patented. Clients include some of world’s largest & most technologically advanced companies.
- Prepare & prosecute patent applications relating to biotechnology inventions. Occasionally participate in patent litigation to provide technical support & related client counseling.
- Advocate for clients before U.S. Patent Trademark Office to seek issuance of patent. Write & amend claims for patent application. Analyze patents & other publications relating to biotechnology inventions.
- Provide high-quality services to domestic & foreign clients, communicate with all levels of management & staff. Position requires significant degree of autonomy.
Work under supervision of senior practitioners. Assume significant client responsibilities.
Compensation & Benefits:
Competitive salary. Bonus eligible. Excellent benefits. Casual work environment. Open door policy. Significant mentoring opportunities. Continuing education. Flexible start times. Monthly breakfasts, special-occasion luncheons, and out-of-office functions throughout the year. Work from generously sized office. Corporate culture offers great work-life balance and opportunities to meet and mingle across all practice groups.