Global Law Firm- Chicago
Are you interested in security, law enforcement, & geo-political consequences to business? Do you have college degree + 1 year of experience, ideally in law enforcement or military? Want to join a top global law firm in Chicago? Chicago area talent only.
As part of 8-person Security Department, candidate develops & implements security procedures to protect firm’s assets & personnel. Conducts research, analysis, & interprets intelligence data to detect terrorist, criminal & geo-political trends that may impact the Firm & personnel. Candidate develops security policies & procedures compliant with government guidelines & standards. 20% Global Travel. WFH 1 day/week. Shift: 9 am -5 pm, after hours on call for urgent events and safety threats.
Team is Security Department specifically for firm (globally). Team is in charge of security, life safety, crisis management & business continuity programs. Physical safety refers to access controls, investigations, protection of personnel & travel programming. 24-hour Security Operations Center (SOC) gathers safety threat information & reports instances up the chain. Team provides security services for staff.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree + 1 year of related experience, ideally in law enforcement or military.
- Understands world-wide geo-political events & consequences to business operations.
- Self-directed & able to work with little supervision.
- Working knowledge of basic research principles & collection methods.
- Able to verify & analyze information from variety of sources.
- Knowledge of methods used to extract information from computer & online databases
- Proficient in developing record systems, reports & secure system processing needs
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- MS Office proficiency with Word, Excel, Access & proprietary databases, social media expertise
- Available to travel.
- Knowledge of security systems applications
- General knowledge of law enforcement/security operations a plus
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, good judgment,
- Perceptive & Aware
- Strong interpersonal communication skills & analytical problem-solving skills
- Able to work harmoniously & effectively with others, preserve confidentiality & exercise discretion, work under pressure, & manage multiple projects with competing deadlines & priorities
Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect, organize, & analyze vendor provided intelligence designed to avoid disruptive efforts of crime, terrorism, geo-political events, etc.
- Participate in team’s threat/risk assessment process (periodic & random security inspections & prepare security reports).
- Coordinate travel security program (review travel itineraries, provide briefings, & review security vendor activities) .
- Work with team to create & maintain safety & security baselines for firm, assets & personnel (distribute security manuals, documents & related records). Maintain security requirements & implement procedures for safeguarding proprietary & customer furnished data.
- Conduct investigations to protect organization’s assets & personnel.
- Coordinate response planning to contingency events (bomb threats, sabotage & severe weather).
- Maintain inspection reports & records & advise Security Management of deficiencies & remediation efforts.
- Assist in various security related functions as directed.
- Act as liaison to all departments on security measures, procedures & needs.
- Shift: 9 am -5 pm, after hours on call for urgent events and safety threats
- Other duties as assigned.
– Two rounds (Both In Office)
-PI – Predictive Analysis Personality Assessment
Please send your resume, samples of your work and answers to the questions from www.lhazan.com/qa/ to Lynn Hazan: – firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to
“Physical Security Analyst” in header.